Michelin PS2's

Z Boy

Cheers pal, I'm glad you guy recommend them, as I've always gone for Toyo's in the past but the guy at the tyre place ensured me that these were the mutts nuts!

Very good tyres but make sure you work into them gradually. Dont want any nasty pics. IMO they are about as good as you can get.

Cheers pal, I'm glad you guy recommend them, as I've always gone for Toyo's in the past but the guy at the tyre place ensured me that these were the mutts nuts!

Very good tyres but make sure you work into them gradually. Dont want any nasty pics. IMO they are about as good as you can get.

I'll second that :thumbs:

I'll second that :thumbs:

+1 The best tyres i had on my zed :)

Right, I'm convinced, I'll have to hop on the bandwagon and get me some of these too. And for nigh-on £850 (from the few places on-line that sell them), they want to be the best!

Currently you can two sets of Falken 452's for that money, with enough change to get them fitted ;)

Or T1-Rs, which are very similar apparently but I've actually tried them. They're good for what they are, but you sacrifice feel for grip in the wet, and they melt like buggery on track. Given the car's worth more than a few grand and the rubber is the only thing keeping me in contact with the road, I'm happy enough to pay for something decent if they allow me to get the most out of it.

If we could guarantee the weather I'd slap a set of A048s on there and be done with it, but I've lived with them on other cars in the past and they're just not suited to the English weather. :(

I'm running the original mps on mine and am on my second set on the rears, I think they are generally very good, not as grippy as the 'stones in the dry but defo much better in the wet. The esp is far more predictable when in the wet. I seem to get the same mileage out of the mps as PS2 from what I've read, usually 10k on the rears and am on 25k on the fronts with about 4mm left on them!

I'm torn to try the PS2's but would love the Goodyear F1 but don't think they do them in 225/45/18's.

I'm running the original mps on mine and am on my second set on the rears, I think they are generally very good, not as grippy as the 'stones in the dry but defo much better in the wet. The esp is far more predictable when in the wet. I seem to get the same mileage out of the mps as PS2 from what I've read, usually 10k on the rears and am on 25k on the fronts with about 4mm left on them!

I'm torn to try the PS2's but would love the Goodyear F1 but don't think they do them in 225/45/18's.

I'm a bit confused. You say you are currently running MPS but are thinking of trying PS2's - unless you are referring to the original Pilot Sports which I didn't think were available any longer, then they are one of the same.

I can't see how you find the Stones better in the dry. PS2's are much better all round imo.

You are correct in that you cant get Goodyears for the fronts.

I've seen Pilot Sports advertised on most places when I've been searching for PS2s in the last week, so are they one and the same? It's been quite hard to track the PS2s down really, as most places only seem to stock the Pilot Sport.

• 1 month later...

I've been running these tyres for about 1K miles now, and I'm seriously impressed with them. Okay, given the cost (I paid £700 for four fitted but they made a pricing error at my local tyre fitters in my favour) they should be good, but they've outperformed my expectations quite a bit! There's oodles more grip there than the RE040s in the dry, but more than that it's very progressive grip: You can feel the rubber communicating to you so much better, and because of that you trust the car more and end up going even faster but with far more control.

Tyre roar is minimal, and it's a little too early to tell how they'll wear on the car but I do have quite high hopes of seeing 3-4 trackdays or 8K spirited miles out of them on the rear. I've yet to try them in the wet mind, but so far I can't see myself changing to anything else any time soon.

I did find that stock pressures were way too high for PS2s though, and found that 30psi all round gave a far more neutral stance.

Done about 5-6k on mine now and they are still looking pretty new, obviously haven't been trying hard enough! :blush:

Still can't get over how much grip you have with these, the only down side to them is that when they do eventually let go in the wet, they really do let go. :surrender: