Typical insurance quote

andy23

Hi guys,

First post, but straight to the point. Im looking at buying a used 350z and have been trying to find a few typical quotes to see what i would roughly pay. It would be interesting to know what people pay of the same age group.

Im 24 and have a clean licence with no previous claims.

Also as i am looking for a 350, is there anything to look out for that stands out i.e. problems? I have looked through the forum and found a few things but anything else would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum

im 25 with a clean license but got my zed when i was 24, i paid 1200 with direct line 2 years ncb in an ok area. I have subsequently moved to SkyInsurance (site sponsor) as I have modded the car, they were very helpful actually and very fair on price. I couldnt get a decent quote on insurance before i was 25 and mods :)

To look out for on a used zed, 2 main things is the clicking rear axle, skipping cd Bose unit.

good luck with the hunt :thumbs:

:welcome:

I'm 24, 4ncb, 0 points & paid £950 with all mods covered on a like for like basis (Took the policy out when I was 23 so should be cheaper this year :teeth:)

Im insured with a company called Chaucer & found them through an Adrian Flux partner :)

Welcome Andy,

I'm also 24, 5yrs ncd, clean licence, garaged in OK area. Pay £650 with Admiral. That includes Nismo exaust and induction kit.

For adding my girlfriend [younger than me] to the policy, took nearly £200 off.

Good Zed hunting - you will enjoy the outcome!

:welcome:

Welcome Andy,

I'm also 24, 5yrs ncd, clean licence, garaged in OK area. Pay £650 with Admiral. That includes Nismo exaust and induction kit.

For adding my girlfriend [younger than me] to the policy, took nearly £200 off.

Good Zed hunting - you will enjoy the outcome!

+1 - almost identical

25yrs old, 4yrs NCD, clean licence on driveway in a good area, 20k business miles with Admiral. Paid just over £500 but that was on a multicar deal, which has the missus Corsa on it, but both of us insured on both cars (and yes she does drive it, and better than most blokes I see drive too - be very affraid - shes gonna do some driving next Wales run!). Total premium was £750 for both cars. Anyway, it was £530 last year for me when I was 24yrs old.

Admiral seem to favour young lads with fast cars, they did the best deal for my mate and his Evo too. Get the missus/mum/dad on there to try and bring it down, you'd be amazed at the difference it makes.

Hi guys,

First post, but straight to the point. Im looking at buying a used 350z and have been trying to find a few typical quotes to see what i would roughly pay. It would be interesting to know what people pay of the same age group.

Im 24 and have a clean licence with no previous claims.

Also as i am looking for a 350, is there anything to look out for that stands out i.e. problems? I have looked through the forum and found a few things but anything else would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

In terms of insurance, as long as you have experience of driving similar performance cars, you would qualify for our scheme.

You can never really compare one quote to another as there are so many variables with insurance quoting. The only way to find out is to phone around for a few quotes.

Try the usual suspects and then give Sky a call, we'll try our very best to beat your 'best price'.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hi Andy,

I brought my 350 when I was 23 and paid £1200, then at 24 it dropped to £950 and now I'm just 25 its down to £750 and the 25 quote is with 3 points for speeding - I blame the Z - they cruise too fast so easily you don't realise you're doing the speed (even the policeman said that, still booked me though :scare: ) - got tagged at 96mph on the A130 in Essex, I was lucky to only get 3 points - so be carfeul if you do buy a one! :thumbs:

Problems...none really...I had a leaky rear shock absorber after only 30K miles - but £80 for a pair off of an 07 Zed from BigPhil @ ESR and she's good as new :thumbs:

Just keep in mind that everything to with a zed is not cheap, parts, labour(from nissan) and I think everyone on here will agree when I say they do enjoy to drink the super unleaded!!

I use mine everyday and put approx. £140-160 per week in with current petrol prices :scare:

If you do get one then you'll love it forever!