350Z Import Car Insurance?.

the1

Direct Line wouldn't quote for my JDM.

I used GoCompare.com and ended up with a Norwich Union policy via a broker , which was significantly cheaper than anyone else. Discount for doing it all online as well. Give it a try as it saves masses of time ringing round and keep having to go through providing the same info over and over again.

Adrian Flux are worth a try

:welcome: by the way

Tried them and I got £1448. No idea what that would be monthly?. TBH the problem I am finding is that when you use the drop down box and go to "350z", then "Automatic". Alot then say error...

Surely I should be able to get it cheaper than that?. I am 25 with 4 years Driving/NCD. If I do one for a RX8 I get around £600.....

(The car is a NISSAN 350 Z FAIRLADY 3.5 V6 AUTO on a 52 plate).

Im paying £1300 with elephant . Mines an 02 import manual . Im 22 3years ncb 3points and not living in the best area worth a try :D

I bet that's not monthly though?.. I have got a quote of £1070 from Bell, but I think I am right in saying that Bell, Admiral & Elephant all give really good quotes online for paying a one-off lump sum, but then stick £800/£900 on xtra for monthly.

A few weeks ago I was looking at a 2002 EVO 7 GTA (Ins 20 & Import). I had the same problem and got a quote for £1324 with Admiral, which was the cheapest. I rang up for monthly price & then they said that would take it to... Wait For It... £2109 WFT... That would take it to over £223 a month. So I had to leave it.

yeah, you're right, I'm with Bell (thought it was budget, oh well it's got a B in it!) and they had quite a large interest rate for monthly payments. It was cheaper to bang it on my 0% credit card and set up a monthly standing order to the card.

http://www.performancedirect.co.uk/

These are the cheapest I have so far with mods declared. :D

Just done a quote from that website... I have had to use a 2005 Model Automatic as there was no option for a 2002 Auto. Anyway it comes to

£2,164.80pa or Deposit £541.20 with 9 further payments of £205.01.

Too much imho!..

The funny thing is, is that I used Moneysupermarket.com and with a "normal" 2003 Manual 350z the cheapest was £536 with Sainsburys lol. Just shows you what the difference between a "non-import/Maunal" is??..

Have you tried using specific reg plates in your quotes rather than the drop downs? Maybe check a few for sale ads and use the reg's for more exact quotes. When I bought my import I was using the drop downs and getting 4 figure quotes, put in the reg of the car i ended up buying and it came down to £495. Had to double and triple check all the details incase I was insuring a Micra, but it all came out fine. 25 year old, 3 years NCB, parked in the street in Aberdeen.

Just tried DirectLine and got this:

£1025.85 - £82 A Month...

Pretty good imho... However I have had to run the quote using a "03 model" onwards & I presume its based on a UK Car? - not import?.

Cant see image mate, the killjoys at my work have blocked all hosting sites so all i get is text here.

I get Nissan 350Z (03 on) and the guy I bought it off also used Directline for the couple years he had the car and said they never had issue when he said it was import. Might be worth a follow up call but I imagine if the small print says Nissan 350Z with the registration belonging to the car and any mods claimed then there cant be much complaint? I might be playing with fire there though!

I notice you`ve got it down as a convertible, is that what you`re after? I`m sure a standard car will be cheaper. I`m with A-Plan and they charged me just under 800 quid, £100 more than my type r!!

TBH I didn't realise that - oops!. I'll try a proper Coupe lol...

Yeah just rang them up (Direct Line) & they have said that they don't insure a 2002 350Z Automatic lol...