laser alignment

nixy

Has anyone had the 4 wheel laser alignment done and how much did it cost? My guess from googling is approx £80? Is this worth doing and how does it differ from whatever they normally do when you take it to have the tracking checked?

I know some places will actually do the check for free but I think the cost varies depending on the adjustments. The place I phoned said they would check it for free and then quote me on adjustments. I had no idea so I just did a google search on laser alignment and that's where I got those prices from. Hope you're right!

interesting - I'll wait and see what I get quoted then. I phoned north eastern tyres and exhausts in York - their website claims to have really top spec equipment - probably means top spec price too!

Yeah I've jsut called a local place (Law's) and they said they'll check it for free, front and rear alignment is £39 + vat and its about 30 mins drive in service.

I normally get good rates there. Thanks Dad for being mates with the owner!

I bet when I get it done I'm £40 squid...... They'll at least knock of the VAT....

how cool is this? I'm in there now using their internet while I get it done! It was way out on one side of the car front and back and slightly out at the other side - I'll get a print out after. £40 so not bad really - and the coffee's good! Amazing how suddenly 8 blokes all need to be in the reception at once when a woman with a zed turns up! :lol:

back in my office now. I had it done at North Eastern Tyres and Exhausts and I have to say they seemed to really know their stuff. Not to mention the important things like free coffee machine, plasma tv and internet access from comfy chairs! Probably could have got it about a tenner cheaper elsewhere but I'm happy i've got a spot on job. Looking at the printout it seems that one of the fronts and the diagonally opposite rear were the major culprits!

http://www.nete.co.uk/