Clutch

My 56 Z has completed 25K faultless miles and then under no duress the clutch/dual mass flywheel started to fail with later and later uptake and far from smooth transition.

Took it to the Dealer and explained my predicament.

His response was that they would not test drive it to check my diagnosis but that I would have to immediately underwrite £500 for assembly removal, after which I must be prepared for a £2K plus bill for replacement if Nissan UK deem the problem to be fair wear and tear from the sight of a dig photo and report from the dealer.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and did they receive the same response.

Steve

Hi Steve :welcome: to the forum. Clutch failure at that mileage is a little unusual but there as been the odd case iirc. On average i think 40k can be expected from the clutch. Hard to know what to say except those prices been quoted are massively over the top for flywheel/clutch replacement. :surrender:

Seen a quote on here before from a Nissan dealer which was just over a grand and if you got your clutch/flywheel replaced at ESR you got expect to pay a lot less ;)

Not really heard of anyone else having clutch/flywheel problems on a low mileage late model car.

My 56 Z has completed 25K faultless miles and then under no duress the clutch/dual mass flywheel started to fail with later and later uptake and far from smooth transition.

His response was that they would not test drive it to check my diagnosis but that I would have to immediately underwrite £500 for assembly removal, after which I must be prepared for a £2K plus bill for replacement if Nissan UK deem the problem to be fair wear and tear from the sight of a dig photo and report from the dealer.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and did they receive the same response.

Steve

Uprated JWT clutch and flywhhel is £1100 fitted.

Steve

How much for standard clutch/flywheel Phil? :)

Steve

How much for standard clutch/flywheel Phil? :)

Standard clutch is £250 and flywheel £315

And I bet Nissan dealer didn't even make you a brew. . .

My experience of traders on here has been excellent and much better than Nissan. Plus, they'll test drive it for you and tell you if you do need to replace it first, without charging £500. :thumbs:

Just to say a big thank you to all those that replied - seems I am getting shafted by my dealer and to think I was going to place an order with them for a GTR!!!

The messages will help me form an arguement if Nissan UK decide that 25K is all their clutches can manage!

Once again many thanks!

Best

Steve

Just to say a big thank you to all those that replied - seems I am getting shafted by my dealer and to think I was going to place an order with them for a GTR!!!

The messages will help me form an arguement if Nissan UK decide that 25K is all their clutches can manage!

Once again many thanks!

Best

Steve

I would comfortably say the average we have seen are more in the region of 40-50k miles and we have fitted 26 this year alone.

• 2 weeks later...