About to order new tyres

nixy

The time has come where my front tyres desperately need replacing - totally worn out on the inside edges - hence the hideous tyre noise. However, the back ones look fine. I'm going to order a full set of Falkens from Camskill but am wondering the best place to take them to have them fitted, whether it's worth trying to get them delivered direct to a fitter (or will that pee them off). Also, the tracking was checked when I had it serviced and the mechanic said it was straight so are my tyres worn like that for some other reason? Finally, what would you do with the rears? Leave them or take them home?

Can't help with places in your area.

I would take the rears home as I'm sure you'll be able to reuse them a few thousand miles time, if not someone else may be able to use them, no point in giving them to a garage, worst case is give them to another Zedder.

Right, just done a bit of research and here is the results for prices on Falken 452's on size 18's:

Falken.co.uk

Fronts: 91.59 each

Rears: 98.86 each

Delivery £20 a set

Camskill

Fronts 88.20 each

Rears 95.40 each

delivery included

Black Circles

Fronts: 93.26 each

Rears: 95.43 each

delivery included and 5% club discount to be taken off this price.

This makes black circles cheapest (with discount) and presumably if you go for the fitted option you also get discount off that?

I'm going to give my local fitter a call and see if they can beat the price or at least the fitting price then go with Black Circles I think.

Right, just done a bit of research and here is the results for prices on Falken 452's on size 18's:

Falken.co.uk

Fronts: 91.59 each

Rears: 98.86 each

Delivery £20 a set

Camskill

Fronts 88.20 each

Rears 95.40 each

delivery included

Black Circles

Fronts: 93.26 each

Rears: 95.43 each

delivery included and 5% club discount to be taken off this price.

This makes black circles cheapest (with discount) and presumably if you go for the fitted option you also get discount off that?

I'm going to give my local fitter a call and see if they can beat the price or at least the fitting price then go with Black Circles I think.

Do we get discount with black circles? Is that for being a member of this forum!?!?

Nixy, each time when you wash your car my dear, check your tyres and the underneath of the car, inside the arches etc. It's a good habit to get into, and can also alleviate expensive early tyre replacements, and a multitude of expensive fixes. ;) If you need a few tips what to look out for with your tyres etc, ask the boys at the next meet. If you don't know the tyre shop, don't trust them until you've been there a few times.

Most of all, make sure your Zed has regular alignments. :) My Zed must be the most aligned Zed ever, but I've never had any issues with uneven wear. I can walk into the shop and be spot about which wheels toe is out etc, but then I'm super fussy about my car's handling.

Good luck with the new Zed shoes.

I've known they were wearing unevenly for a while (especially with the roaring noise) and had the tracking checked which was ok apparently. Just been trying to hang onto my credit card for as long as possible!

yep, thanks Trev. Got my new tyres fitted this morning - took bloody ages and the owner of the place I went was very friendly! :blush: Going for the laser alignment somewhere else later but already the road noise has gone and all I can hear is the lovely growl! :thumbs:

yep, thanks Trev. Got my new tyres fitted this morning - took bloody ages and the owner of the place I went was very friendly! :blush: Going for the laser alignment somewhere else later but already the road noise has gone and all I can hear is the lovely growl! :thumbs:

Excellent :thumbs: Now you know for yourself how bad the Bridgestones are.