top speed de-restricted

buckmoy

Attached is my Excel spreadsheet showing speed and torque @ RPM in each gear for MY06 and MY03. Upper table shows speed in mph @ RPM in each gear based on 88mph @ 6600 rpm (=93mph @ 7000rpm) in 3rd gear, from:

http://www.testdriven.co.uk/print.cfm/news/914.

Lower panel shows comparative torque figures read by eye off graph from Nissan Japan website, therefore only approximate. Comparative means that figures shown for 5th gear (ratio = 1.000) equal torque at crank, torque in other gears adjusted by gear ratio.

MY03 redlines @ 6600 rpm, MY06 @ 7000 rpm, coresponding in 6th gear to 180 and 191 mph respectively, but stock Z engine will run out of puff long before that. If I remember righly, when Evo mag tested the MY03 for Vmax it didn't even hit the 155mph limiter.

There I go again... :yawn:

If I remember rightly, several chaps have managed to achieve over 155mph (on speedo and GPS) without hitting any limiter - noone has ever scientifically proven this though.

I would imagine that if EVO had managed to change up from 4th they would have achieved a better speed :lol: - maybe they were only using a short stretch of road - it would take some stretch to achieve 155mph in almost ANY car IMHO

• 2 weeks later...
Just done a search and come across this thread. I have a JDM, and there appears to be a limiter at around 120. What is the de-restrictor and how do I get one?

get a HKS speedlimit defencer ,costs about £180

Put one on my JDM, works spot on !! :thumbs: got mine of Ebay ,make sure it is compatable with 350Z as there are several different types