Puncture after 6 days!!

RobD7

I've some how managed to pick up a puncture in the 6 days of having the car - so fecked off as it's my 3rd puncture of the year :rant:

Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1) what are the odds it came with a dodgy tyre!? has anyone had this or had one replaced!?

2) how much roughly is a standard 18" tyre, they're the stanard tyres so are Bridgestone's I think...

Thoughts/advice much appreciated :thumbs:

Oh and I haven't jacked it up so don't yet know what has caused it! Have just pumped it up and can hear a slight hiss so reckon 30mins before it'll be flat again :angry:

Standard REo50 will be around £130-150 depending where you get it.

Its probs a genuine puncture mate. i cant see it someing with a defective tyre, but who knows. And besides, theres no way you can prove it.

Cheers for the info - I wouldn't mind so much but there's nothing worse than having to change tyres when it's barely been driven on!! I suppose it could be repaired... I thought I could hear a hiss earlier but it doesn't appear to have gone down in the last 30mins and I can't hear the hiss anymore so I'm hoping it can be repaired...

So annoyed :rant:

No offence, but not a chance that I would trust a repaired tyre!

Remember what car you're driving, its not some crappy Octavia taxi. Chance are you'll be doing hard cornering at some point in the next few weeks - imagine what would happen if the tyre failed whilst doing that! :scare:

Get a new bud

No offence, but not a chance that I would trust a repaired tyre!

Remember what car you're driving, its not some crappy Octavia taxi. Chance are you'll be doing hard cornering at some point in the next few weeks - imagine what would happen if the tyre failed whilst doing that! :scare:

Get a new bud

Yeah fair point, that had crossed my mind and I suppose I'm not yet use to appreciating it. Just not happy at losing £153 so quickly - maybe I should just get Nismo's now! :teeth: Could then sell the old one's, advert would look good - 4 brand new wheels with 3 brand new tyres! :lol:

I have had tyres repaired plenty of times, as long as it's on the tread and not sidewall. They put a chamfered bung in it normally so it doesn't come out.

In saying that I have a screw in my front right tyre just now... just pump it up every week as I hate garages taking tyres off... ie chipped rims.

I have had tyres repaired plenty of times, as long as it's on the tread and not sidewall. They put a chamfered bung in it normally so it doesn't come out.

In saying that I have a screw in my front right tyre just now... just pump it up every week as I hate garages taking tyres off... ie chipped rims.

Well it's certainly not on the tyre wall I can see so is possibly on the tread... Will certainly find out where it is when I take it to the garage - cheers for the info :thumbs:

I dont trust repaired tyres after I had one blow out round a rounderbout in my old Clio. Was amazed I could hold it, but managed to get it to the side of the road without damage. I wasnt going half the speed I take corners in my Zed so I wouldnt trust one on my car now. Rather pay £150 (or even £300 to have them both done) than have another blow out. Was probably unlucky but its put me off for sure.