Grounding Kits YES or NO ??

Pimm

Had a look at these on fleabay and other sites. Do they make any difference ??

Anyone had any experience of these then.

lot's of members on here have them ffitted , me included, didnt do a thing for mine , but others report a difference :)

Didnt want to buy one to be honest, i thought that it would make no difference

BUT it did, much smoother tick over and smoother low rev driving and increased the mpg

i think how much difference it makes depends on how poorly earthed your car is to start with

It is pure fluke as to whether you have good grounding as stock. Some do, some dont. I didnt notice a massive difference after fitting mine, but idle is smoother as is slow manouvering.

Give it a go and see, you know you want to. If it does sod all, flog it on here, someone else will gladly have it :)

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial ... stallation

Automotive electrical and computer systems are designed to tolerate up to 100% noise on their input lines. Meaning, if the ECU is expecting a 12-volt input signal, the signal may vary in the range of 0 to 12 volts.

Fluctuations in signal are due to noise and resistance in the system. Noise is generated by spark plugs firing, discharges through the tires to the road, alternator turning on/off, etc. Resistance is the inability of the system to conduct electricity properly.

One of the best-proven ways to compensate for noise and resistance is with proper grounding. Engine grounding has been used in the racing industry for years. The benefits have been proven and documented.

The Custom Engine Grounding Kit allows for cleaner data transfer to the ECU. The result is more accurate measurements by the ECU and therefore more accurate performance, smoother idle and better acceleration.

Where's the best place to get one? Big Phil - canyou do a deal for us?

I made my own. ;)

Made with 25mm multistrand copper cable, cable lugs with a 6mm hole and some heat shrink sleeving.

I will have to take a look a what material i have left but i might have enough cable to make up a few sets if anyone is interested. But like i said i will have to check first.

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133-1.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

Spill over at **REMOVED** forum does them for 62.50.

You can click on the link at the homepage (need to signup first though)

http://www.**REMOVED**.com/

Cheaper on ebay though

there was a thread about the ebay ones somewhere discussing the guage of cable used and how effective it is :surrender:

Yeah go with Spills or at least use decent wire. Most of the cheaper ones on ebay arent worth the hassle. Spill and Beavis know thier stuff, so stick to good cable. I have a Spills kit btw :thumbs:

http://forums.DELETED.com//ind ... =19933&hl=

KEV from Envy is selling a gold nismo grounding kit £50 delivered or best offer

"I now have forsale a genuine Nismo gold ground kit that has been taken off my own car. The kit was fitted to the JDM cars as a expensive optional extra at the dealerships in Japan. The kit is in good condition but is obviously used and does have a few small rub marks on the cables. I am looking for £50 inc postage or best offer. I can accept Paypal, Credit Card, cheque or cash... So plenty of possible payment options"

nismoground1.jpg

If anyone is interested i made a kit up earlier today. Want £25 plus p&p. Will also supply some cable ties too. :thumbs:

This kit

25mm multi-strand flexible cable.

1 x 16" cable

1 x 20" cable

1 x 26" cable

2 x 30" cables

1 x 32" cable

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Made a set for my car when i first had it.

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133-1.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg