Minor accident now I am sad

Pagnobito

There I was minding my own business in a car park waiting for the person in front of me to reverse into a space, someone waiting behind me too, and a stupid cow in a Suzuki Grand Vitara reversed out of a space straight into me. :angry:

How she couldn't see a Sunset orange Z is beyond me and on top of that I noticed she was moving and was frantically honking my horn to let her know I was there, but still bang.

I have only had the car a couple of weeks, and there isn't too much damage, just looks like surface paint has been scratched off, closely missed the indicator, but her bumper cracked.

It is the inconvenience of it all and having to drive a poxy Matiz of some other rubbish while it is being fixed. :rant:

take a grinder to your front wheel, and claim for that too... then get a new set of alloys.

Someone did that to me a few years ago and there was f*ck all i could do about it - i had proof i didnt damage it, but my insurance wasn't interested and just paid it.

If its not your fault you can hire a car of your choice, I used a company called Bristol and London they bring the car to you and claim the money of the others insurance,my choice was a bmw 335i or a bmw 120 convertible which I chose(could not get rid fast enough).

max.

Sorry to hear that mate. I had a incident about 9 years ago where a chinese woman reversed her golf out of a space and went straight into the back of my clio. Because my clio was so low she did loads of damage. We i got out the car she was really appologetic and gave me her insurance details. I decided to go straight to the police station just to report the accident. While i was in the police station her husband rang me telling me i owed him money for the damage i had caused to his car. I was so furious, he said it was my fault and that i had driven into her. Anyway to cut a long frustrating story short i had no witnesses number cos she basically excepted blame there and then and so it went 50/50 and i lost a lot of money. :rant:

Hope you get yours sorted nice and quick :thumbs:

Fortunately the damage is minor, which means I am still able to drive the car, and hopefully it wont take long to get fixed.

I had plenty of witnesses, so I have the details of the driver from the car that was waiting behind me, but I shall only use her if it goes a bit wrong. So far the lady that hit me seems very apologetic, and really the place where my car is damaged mean't that I would have to be travelling sideways, and they don't do that whilst stationary in car parks, now on roundabouts that might be a different matter B)

I have a guaranteed hire car through the insurance anyway, and because she is liable it can be upgraded, but I will let the hire car company do that and they did say that other companies may call me, which I find a bit odd as I didn't realise it was an open market for such things.

I was a bit concerned that she may get home and husband gets involved but so far all seems to be straight forward and she might actually be a decent person.

If its not your fault you can hire a car of your choice, I used a company called Bristol and London they bring the car to you and claim the money of the others insurance,my choice was a bmw 335i or a bmw 120 convertible which I chose(could not get rid fast enough).

max.

be VERY carefull with this, i used to work for a solicitors firm dealing with car accidents. Picking a hire car of your choice is very dangerous. Insurance companies will pay reasonable costs, you have to mitgate any costs and hiring a top end car will probably not stick and you will find yourself lumbered with the bill. Check with your insurance company, you may have it written in the policy that you are entitled to a similar car but i doubt it, most of these wordings have been changed.

Credit Hire is also a mine field, check the contract carefully, there is a lot of small print.

As it's probably only a small paint job your probably looking at a week max for the work to be done. It's probably not too much of a hardship to take standard courtesy car. If you are in sales you may be able to swing them to push for a better car but, check first.

Trust me i have seen a lot of people make BIG mistakes thinking the third party will pick up any cost.

If you have any problems let me know i might be able to offer a few pointers.

Good Luck with the repairs and claim

Always have a camera in the car (if you don't use your phone camera just keep one of the throw-away types in the car) and get photos of the scene from various angles before anything is moved if possible, particuarly if there are no independent witness's about. Usually helps stop the sort of thing madmarky had to put up with when the culprits start thinking up ideas of passing the blame :dry:

• 3 weeks later...