NEWBIE... some Z questions

nick w

Im viewing a 350Z GT Sunday are there any tips on what to lookout for other than the obvious?

Im looking at UK models only, how and what do i need to buy to connect my ipod to the Bose system? can Nissan do it? rough cost?

Im sure im going to have lots of querstions but these 2 are the only ones i can think of for now..

THANKS

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you have a link to the sellers advert we can pretty much do the viewing for you and come up with any questions before you see it.

Not many major problems, the clicky back axle is well covered in here. Also check the windows work properly.

Others will add to this. :D

39,500 miles, UK car, GT Pack, Gun metal grey with black leather, new brakes Aug 07, Full Nissan Service History (Nissan Mill Hill), ABS, Phone prep, Air conditioning, Alarm, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Central locking, Bose 6 CD, body work scratches bodyshopped June 21st 08,P3 service completed June 08, MOT June 09. Brand new Rear Tyres, multi-function steering wheel, private plate (valued at £600 by regstransfers.co.uk), perfect car but have to sell as company car coming, no canvassers.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... eage=40000

Hi and welcome! :thumbs:

As Martin says, if you can post up the link to the car you're looking at we can give you some pointers.

As for Ipods, there appears to be no easy or wholly satisfactory way to link them but a quick search will give you all the info you need. :)

im really sorry but im struggling to find any solid info on how to fit and what to fit to enable me to play my ipod through the sound system..

any link would be great :) or a product name for me to google :)

Thanks

nick

martinmac, yep.. :)

hope there a local meet soon :)

If you look out of your window give me a wave. I will be floating around next to Holehaven jetty ;)

Well I will be when I am back at work. :lol:

Will sort out a meet next time back, you just missed one at Thurrock services last week. :D

not the best way of doing it, but probably the cheapest

Xtrememac iPod Car Tape Adapter

Play your ipod through any car tape deck quickly and easily with the Xtrememac tape adapter.

The iPod Cassette Deck Adapter turns any stereo with a cassette deck adapter into an iPod compatible device. When inserted into the cassette deck of any stereo, such as your car stereo, and plugged into the iPod's headphone jack, the cassette adapter allows the iPod's output to be heard through the home or car stereo speakers.

Xtrememac iPod Car Tape Adapter features:

Built for use with any iPod, iPod mini or iPod shuffle

Plugs directly into your iPod's headphone jack

Perfect for use in the car or in home stereo systems

Gold-plated connector provides the highest possible audio quality

Backed by XtremeMac's Lifetime Warranty

here is the link. http://www.ukipodrepairs.com/shop_cables.php

good luck with the car hunting - took me 6 months to find the right one, worth spending a lot of time to make sure you are happy with what you have got.

:welcome:

Car looks ok in pics, detail always hard to spot as you know.

Along with the comments above would suggest you check rear hatch gas struts are ok seems a few of these go after a while.

It is exciting going to view a Zed and I know it will be hard but try and keep the emotion and excitement out so that your normal considered self can check the car out thoroughly.

enjoy the hunt all the same :thumbs:

:welcome:

Car looks ok in pics, detail always hard to spot as you know.

Along with the comments above would suggest you check rear hatch gas struts are ok seems a few of these go after a while.

It is exciting going to view a Zed and I know it will be hard but try and keep the emotion and excitement out so that your normal considered self can check the car out thoroughly.

enjoy the hunt all the same :thumbs:

When I first went to see my Zed it was night time, and even though i had a second visit booked for a week later in the day time my mind was already set! took her for a test drive and put the deposit in the sellers hand! God was I lucky that she isnt a bag of nails!

So yeah, i agree that you have to make sure you dont let your emotion take over -keep your head!