ESR Exhaust - pics added

ab350z

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like I said mine isnt off phil, dont want to undercut him or anything, but i Paid around £300 for it inc 'Y' Pipe

Ah sorry I missed that bit when I read earlier :wacko: - what's your exhaust and why did you go for it?

as far as Im aware its the same 1 as phils, but alot cheaper. I did list a thread before with pics and desciptions and everybody agreed its the same one. Bought it off ebay( i know it was a chance, but it worked out good) Like I say , I havent gone on about it much as bigphil is a high respected member and i dont wana upset him, or make him feel Im trying to steel his buissness :boxing:

Update - hours driving later (with one bung out cos one is well and truly fudged in there, i fear i might have to Dremmel it out).

Its loud, f*cking loud! You know its loud when the shopping trolley Corsa/Clio crew are breaking their necks to look at it and OAPs simply shake their heads. Really need that other bung out though.

My ENGINE SERVICE SOON light has just come on. Coincidence or is this the same as engine warning light?

Update - hours driving later (with one bung out cos one is well and truly fudged in there, i fear i might have to Dremmel it out).

Its loud, f*cking loud! You know its loud when the shopping trolley Corsa/Clio crew are breaking their necks to look at it and OAPs simply shake their heads. Really need that other bung out though.

My ENGINE SERVICE SOON light has just come on. Coincidence or is this the same as engine warning light?

Same as engine warning light. Should not come on with standard cats though

No mate, soaked it in wd40, left it for an hour, had me and a mate tugging at it with pliers and wouldn't budge. think i'd pull the exhaust off before getting the bung out. i'll have another go today but its not looking promising for a clean operation, think i'll have to butcher it.

One of my bungs was well wedged in. Took Phil's mechanic over 1/2 an hour to get out. In end he attached mole grips and then hit mole grips with hammer - came out eventually, bit by bit.

Phil was going to send me a replacement but still waiting. I hardly ever put it back as it's so tight. I have to hammer it in, then mole grip and hammer out.

Mole grip and hammer works better than pulling as it's a sharper shock. it will come out bit by bit. took 20 whacks though.

Forgive my stupidity but why are bungs even there? Is it just to control the noise? e.g. for a MOT??? :wacko:

normally for both, the mot and reduce the noise level, they were originally used on bikes so that the same exhaust could be used for road and track :thumbs:

Forgive my stupidity but why are bungs even there? Is it just to control the noise? e.g. for a MOT??? :wacko:

normally for both, the mot and reduce the noise level, they were originally used on bikes so that the same exhaust could be used for road and track :thumbs:

Ah I see - thanks :thumbs: