Fitting a plenum spacer? Can anyone do it?

IanS16

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guide on plenum replacement in the guides section that might be a bit more useful than the instructions. Just remember to refer to the instructions when it gets to actually locating the bits of the plenum so it is properly spaced. It is easier than it sounds. :)

done!

Now go and put the rest of the bolts in! :p

Seriously, start the car, let it run, take it for a drive etc. Everything to make sure the throttle position sensor and the MAF are still reading OK. :)

Well i got mine on.. took about 2 and a half hours. Engine light is on now though and cant get the reset procedure to work:wacko: Cant wait to try it out now, its pissing it down in Brum!

You may have a vacuum leak.

Did you use a torque wrench to tighten everything back up?

off topic: IanS16 I see you have a UK Birdview DVDROM on your signature. Did this fix the Jap Satnav and allow you to use the Jap OEM screen?

Well i got mine on.. took about 2 and a half hours. Engine light is on now though and cant get the reset procedure to work:wacko: Cant wait to try it out now, its pissing it down in Brum!

You may have a vacuum leak.

Did you use a torque wrench to tighten everything back up?

off topic: IanS16 I see you have a UK Birdview DVDROM on your signature. Did this fix the Jap Satnav and allow you to use the Jap OEM screen?

Hi mate, just bought a nissan partol DVD unit (the dvd drive behind drivers seat. Replaced the dvd drive but NOTHING else.. JDM screen etc. Only annoying thing is the Japanese buttons but its pretty obvious after a few times using it! And strangely enough quite cool :thumbs:

Hi mate, just bought a nissan partol DVD unit (the dvd drive behind drivers seat. Replaced the dvd drive but NOTHING else.. JDM screen etc. Only annoying thing is the Japanese buttons but its pretty obvious after a few times using it! And strangely enough quite cool

I thought nobody could figure out how to use the JDM screen. If its as simple as that, I'll buy one tomorrow.

Thanks mate.

Where in Brum are you?

I'm Harbourne or Kings Norton (depends where I'm stayin)

Hi mate, just bought a nissan partol DVD unit (the dvd drive behind drivers seat. Replaced the dvd drive but NOTHING else.. JDM screen etc. Only annoying thing is the Japanese buttons but its pretty obvious after a few times using it! And strangely enough quite cool

I thought nobody could figure out how to use the JDM screen. If its as simple as that, I'll buy one tomorrow.

Thanks mate.

Where in Brum are you?

I'm Harbourne or Kings Norton (depends where I'm stayin)

Boys, you two are local to me, I used to have a place just off Harborne high street :thumbs:

I used to live in Kings Norton myself! Live in a little place called Dickens Heath now, nea Solihull. Feel free to take a look at the satnav sometime before buying one if you want :thumbs:

I own a house in dicken Heath :thumbs: Its not yours is it :lol:

Is it all working now then ? and are you happy :D

yeah its all working.. finally managed to reset the ECU (about the 40th go) and the light has now stayed off.

Ok, will probably get a right slating for this but i havent really noticed any difference. Took kingbiscuit out as well and it didnt seem any faster than his Zed. Its hard to say without comparing the before and after side by side or without a dyno run though!

One thing as well, my MPG has dropped, dont know whether its my driving changing or the plenum spacer?!:wacko:

Did you not notice any difference pulling away in 6th from 70mph? I definately felt more pull.

No because i havent got a 6th.. jdm Tiptronic :lol:

Sounds stupid but the tyres seem to squeal a bit more if i floor it when i pull off but nothing else. As i said, its hard to tell though. May get my car on the dyno. I have the original ECU that doesn't dumb down mods and i've had a few things done. Probably will have just lost a bit of power with its age and because its hit 30,000 miles! :dry: