What Next? Need more Torque!

D12BHP

Please see signature for mods?

Went Santa pod at the weekend did 13.6 sec 1/4 with 0.752 for reaction time, not bad for a quater mile.

Once you hit the 110+ the car does not have enough torque to keep the acceleration up,...

Just updated my Signature: I have got Oil cooler and bigger oil pan - car sits below 90c and on hard accelartion over quater miles reaches 110c at most and cools very quickly.

If so what internals?

i have a feeling its one of those dynos.....35whp equated to 57bhp at the crank etc....

around 380ish at the wheels is where you must stop if you dont want trouble for your standard engine!!!

bobby

+1 with what adam said

with a boot load of tools and the spare tyre, a tank full of fuel and my first ever run at pod (well 3rd having taken tc off) i ran 14.010

i expect to beat that with no mods...

i saw your zed at the weekend @ pod, tho you looked deep in convo with some crazy looking guy so didnt say hi :)

Its the DAZ Tech ECU I have, causing problems on fuel mixture!! Spoke to Dan from Advance Motorsport he has advised to get either AEM or MOTEC £££££!!

I do feel my car holding back some what, good to hear all this feedback as i expected better!!

So whos this crazy looking bloke?

Offtopic (as usual) but what colour are you respraying it and what Volks are you getting? Sure 20's won't help that 1/4 mile time? Do you have any pics or are they elsewhere as I have about 400 unread posts at the moment......:blush:

Copper Red to Green and I have 20" Volk Racing GT-C Gold rims.. Yeah they will effect the 1/4 mile, but I will running the 1/4 with standard rims at shows and drifting until the tyres pop!!:teeth:

Copper red? Is that Sunset orange? And your respraying it to green? What shade of green? Have you seen Paul T's green zed on here? :)

Guest prescience
472.6BHP / 7635RPM

355.0LBFT / 6397RPM

Thanks but you're revving a stock 03 motor to 7635 rpm - are you insane :teeth: presumably your piggyback has raised your rev limit

Unless you're running a Walbro 255 you must be running lean up top a s well :)

Copper Red to Green and I have 20" Volk Racing GT-C Gold rims.. Yeah they will effect the 1/4 mile, but I will running the 1/4 with standard rims at shows and drifting until the tyres pop!!:teeth:

Copper red? Is that Sunset orange? And your respraying it to green? What shade of green? Have you seen Paul T's green zed on here? :)

I think he has a GM Z, So im assuming it will be a red/green flip paint

Sounds expensive :surrender:

Sounds expensive :surrender:

Get that one painshielded! :surrender:

the crazy looking guy looked like a cross between chris evans and bon jovi, very disturbing on both accounts...

if your a regular pod goer let me know next time your there an ill make sure ill come over and say hi

hope you get the ECU sorted,

MrL