Mobile phone

tmJak

I'm a loser when it comes to mobile phones, hence my last effort;

Orange.jpg

:blush:

My lifes more complicated now and I have 3 phones to do the job of 1. I'm looking at getting a Nokia N95 on the 3 network, as I need a phone that acts as an organiser and can get wi-fi etc. Anyone had any experience of this Nokia or would you recommend another? I know it's meant to have had problems when first released but the sales people say they've been resolved now, and I always believe sales banter :dry:

Can I just hijack the thread for two sec's and give a MASSIVE thumbs up to the Sony Ericsson C902. Got it this morning, and its blown me away.. awesome phone.. half the size of the older K series cybershots.. 5MP + all the works.. I'd have one over a Nokia any day of the week!

I dislike Nokia's but I'm in the process of adding an N51 to our blackberry server. It has wifi, bluetooth, infra-red. I didn't notice anything it didn't have. But it's a Nokia so I'll set it up, give it to the user and never help them again.

Yup, its full 3G, WAP, Internet etc... it has Google Maps pre-installed, but not a GPS capability. You can synch it to outlook or another organiser, but i dont tend to use it..

Check out the link and see 'specifications' for full details!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/product ... c=gb&lc=en

I'm not a fan of Nokia's as I'm not keen on the user interface. I realise its fairly customisable, but I've never been a fan. I use one as a works phone (basic model), and battery wise its excellent, but the UI is a pain..

I love nokias, been using them for god knows how long, however i am really into my blackberry at the moment, it does everything that i need it to and love the look of it.

However, iphone is on the cards soon :teeth:

You won't regret it mate, got one to replace the XDA Stellar and love it!

I love nokias, been using them for god knows how long, however i am really into my blackberry at the moment, it does everything that i need it to and love the look of it.

I know, i want the white one, but think it looks a bit too gay! :lol:

I'm sure you could pull it off! :lol:

I'm sure you could pull it off! :lol:

Im sure i can too, especially with my new Mulberry man bad :lol:

Why don't you like Nokias?

I find them irritating to use. Even the N51 I was using yesterday had two primary menu buttons that were tiny and annoyed the @*!# out of me. The two blue lines are where the buttons are.

3757264.jpg

Same story as others have said, the interface sucks.

If you like Nokia's I'm sure you'll like the 95.

blackberry curve 8310 with gps but no wifi...

8320 with wifi but no gps.

brilliant phone

camera, full organiser capabilities, internet use. pretty much does what you want it do and doesnt look too flashy..proper business phone!!!!

Don't get me started in the iPhone !!!

OK, I mean, yes, it really does look brilliant...

But, my mind was made up when they first came out and I spotted a old work colleague of mine in Sainsburys, with his basket of grocerys over his arm and his iPhone in his hands... checking off the items bought against a recipe in his iPhone..

oh dear oh dear..

Whats wrong with that? Id rather do it that way - like i do with my blackberry - than waste paper. Its far more ecofriendly doing that.

There is nothing wrong with the iphone, its the way of now and the future and will be since small palm held devices are the way now, even people like us are developing sites and content for these devices.

I'd be happy with any of these small palm devices if they connected to our exchange server (Blackberry) and the battery lasted days. Blackberrys are very good on battery.

Apparently the new Samsung palm/iphone like device is very nice but crap on battery.

N.B we use IMAP4 as opposed to POP3 so you cant use any old device.

To answer the initial question (lol) yes the N95 is a great phone. It is truly fully featured and is as good as any of the other phones around today. I've had mine for 12 months now and not had a single problem with it. The camera on it is fantastic, especially the video recording function. Everything I've recorded on it comes out just as good as my Sony Handycam plus being able to link the phone straight up to a TV is a great way to show your movies without a computer.

The GPS maps are also very hand and although it may have been me using it wrong but I didn't find the navigation that great. It took me twice as long to do a journey as it did using tomtom so wouldn't put my every confidence in that feature. All the usual stuff: internet, music player, messaging, etc are all good. Battery life isn't as good as other phones but then again it does have a large screen and power for all the applications. All in all its a great phone and it's the longest I've ever kept a phone (my usual is a few months :lol: ).

I am upgrading soon though as my contract's coming round for renewal and I'm liking the look of the HTC Touch Diamond :teeth:

Cheers all, I quite like the Nokia interface so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Just need to make sure I get the right package now. I know they had problems when they were first released but seems they have been sorted out.

Quite like the idea of having shopping lists on the iPhone, it is a bit gay but very sci-fi :teeth: Think it's a phone for the missus to be fair ;)

I have one of those XDA things that o2 make. I like it. It has everything I need, is easy to use and I think it looks ok. It's no iphone but I must say I wasn't overly impressed with that anyway.... Not for the money anyway!

My contract is up in a month or two so will have to decide soon..... I must say I'd replace mine with the new version but we'll see what comes out between now and then!

I don't like the N95. I think it's cheap looking and cheap feeling. I also don't care for the operation of it.

I have one of those XDA things that o2 make. I like it. It has everything I need, is easy to use and I think it looks ok. It's no iphone but I must say I wasn't overly impressed with that anyway.... Not for the money anyway!
You mean free on the £45 a month network, which i have anyway, or £99 on the £30 and £35 per month?

I think its a great deal.

Or £59 on the £45 for the 16gb model or free on the £75 :thumbs:

Very good value for money in my eyes :teeth:

I looked when it was 260 on any contract.

The trouble is I'm on an old contract (£25 on 12 month with loads of free calls and texts) so I don't want to change it as I usually get any phone for free including blackberrys etc. It was just the iphone they wanted money for.