Servicing in Glasgow or Edinburgh

greido

I bought my 350Z yesterday and it needs its second service (P2), can anyone recommend a good place to get it serviced in Edinburgh or Glasgow (Or anywhere else in between).

Alternatively; if you know of anywhere I should avoid please let me know.

Also, how much should I expect to pay for a P2 service?

Many thanks,

G

AC Livingston scratched my car at the last service and refused to admit they did it - said it was there to start with but I know it wasn't as I'd cleaned it the night before.

AF Noble Edinburgh made a mess of fitting brake pads according to BigPhil when he came to change them.

Now looking for an independant since I don't think it now makes any difference to re-sale value once it it out of warranty.

Gus

I'll give Parks in Coatbridge guys a bash and see how the service goes, it's booked in for tomorrow.

I've not had a Japanese car for over 3 years but I've previously had a couple of FTOs and a Civic and always went to Hypertech in Bonnybridge who always provided a great service.

I'll be going there again for servicing after the warranty expires on my 350z. I don't think getting the car serviced at an independent has any adverse affect on the warranty but if something does go wrong I reckon there will be less complaints if the service book is fully stamped by Nissan.

Thanks for the offer of joining you guys for your meet at the end of June, I think I'll be away for the weekend about then so I don't reckon I'll be able to make it. Do you ever do Track days? - Are there any designated 350Z days anywhere?

My 350Z is a black GT with Rays, Registered Dec 2006, 19,500 miles. It's in superb condition and so far I'm really chuffed with it. Goes very well.

AC Livingston scratched my car at the last service and refused to admit they did it - said it was there to start with but I know it wasn't as I'd cleaned it the night before.

AF Noble Edinburgh made a mess of fitting brake pads according to BigPhil when he came to change them.

Now looking for an independant since I don't think it now makes any difference to re-sale value once it it out of warranty.

Gus

Can't say I'm surprised at that, that's Arnold Clark for you.

I claimed for a new CD player under warranty when it was in for a service in March, few days before it ended.

Long story but it looks like they submitted the claim late and Nissan knocked it back and only offered a 60% goodwill gesture.

Once I spoke to Nissan, AC suddenly said they had found the correct paperwork and they would replace it - absolute pish but the fact that I said I would take legal action against Nissan for refusing a valid warranty claim or would strongly deal with AC as I have done before if they are at fault and suddenly they were covering the £600 cost.

It's in tomorrow to get done so once it's done I will tell them that I will be complaining to Nissan about Nissan refusing the claim - that should get them squirming :) when it's 99% likely that they are to blame.

I've not had a Japanese car for over 3 years but I've previously had a couple of FTOs and a Civic and always went to Hypertech in Bonnybridge who always provided a great service.

That's good to know because it's very near me here in Larbert. Saying that, I have been very happy with the service I have had from my local independent just along the road - Muirhall Motors.

Do you know if Hypertech can do laser wheel alignment?

• 1 month later...

I’ve had my Zed for about 7 weeks now and it’ proving to be a good companion except for when I need to get a bit of interaction with Nissan dealers; I've had a few dealings with dealers now and all have been a bit of a joke; it seems like customer service isn't too high on the list of Nissan dealers.

My first experience was when I booked in for a service (Parks, Coatbridge);

1. They scratched my rear bumper, they offered to take it back and fix it but I managed to polish most of it out myself.

2. Despite me leaving my service book on the passenger seat, I came back to it in the book, unstamped. It took them almost 2 weeks to post it to me after they stamped it. Joke.

3. I got the car back dirty (I've never had a car serviced and it wasn't clean when I got it back)

All of the above is, in my opinion unacceptable. One thing I would say though is that the service was very cheap, I managed to call round a few dealers and managed to get them to drop their price by £75 by telling them I could get it cheaper elsewhere (Arnold Clark had a VAT free promotion – Had bad experiences in the past with AC so would never go back there).

My second attempt at going to a dealer (Alex Noble, Edinburgh) is related to one of the problems Lexx had (He put up a post a few weeks ago); my Bose system was jumping on a number of my CDs so it had to get sent away last Saturday (Seems like a common fault, why can’t they fit a replacement?), it's now back at the dealer and the only time they can fit it in this weekend is 08:00 on Saturday - The only time I'm awake that early on a Saturday is if I've not been to bed yet. They are telling me it's going to take an hour to fit? - Sounds like a nonsense? Surely they simply fasten the connectors at the back and slide it in? - Please let me know if I've got this wrong but this sounds like a bit of a joke.

Dealers apart, I'm enjoying my Zed. I read on another post a few weeks ago that the only thing wrong with the Zed is the badge, unfortunately, I can't agree more. If they are going to build a car like the Zed they surely must stop providing Micra standards of Customer Service?

3. I got the car back dirty (I've never had a car serviced and it wasn't clean when I got it back)

All of the above is, in my opinion unacceptable.

Ah, actually they probably did you a favour by now washing it. The word swirls come quickly to mind.

Dealers apart, I'm enjoying my Zed. If they are going to build a car like the Zed they surely must stop providing Micra standards of Customer Service?

:yahoo::doh::shutup: Dealers is a bit of swearword. :lol:

• 4 months later...

I can't criticise Noble's in Edinburgh, but then you would expect a main dealer to do a standard interval service without screwing it up.

Arnold Clark in Stirling is another matter. Lots of problems with diagnosis of what turned out to be a pitted flywheel (eventually replaced under warranty) causing ECU warnings and engine cut-out. However they replaced the gearbox in such a way that I couldn't engage 5th at above 5000rpm. Was driving a Micra (better than nothing - nearly!) for nearly eight weeks while they botched one thing after another. Still more notchy gearchange than it should be.

I'll try the Bonnybridge place next time.

Good hunting for a decent place.