Ryan Air "Nixi's flight question / Britains Best Bogs

nixy

I'm going to my parents in France in August with my sister. We are going for 9 days and she has booked us on hand luggage only! :scare: She is a bit of a hippy chick who can stomach festival toilets and living out of a ruck sack for 9 day but as you'd expect I'm a tad more high maintenance than that! I don't care what it costs to check a case in but does anyone know if I can just turn up with it at the airport on the day and do this. I can't find any info on the website and it would seem you can't speak to a human being on the phone, even at £1 per minute! If I can't take cosmetics, hair straightners and at least 5 books I'm not bloody going!

Opps, sorry got ya!! No you wont get charged, You get 13ish kilos on the cheap flights and it isnt cheaper if you book with or without hold luggage! When you do turn up with the bag, just say that it was obviously a problem with their system!!

flight is booked and paid for but she's booked us as only taking hand luggage in the cabin and no cases in the hold. I want to take a case but don't know if I can just turn up with one and check it in and pay whatever it costs or if I need to change my booking beforehand. Ryan Air will be charging to use the onboard toilet soon - not that i'd use it anyway, I went to Barbados without going to the loo but that's another story...........

I've just booked my flights to Ibiza with Monarch today. It cost me an extra £5.99 to book in my luggage, each way. That apparently was a 40% discount off doing it at the airport. Costs at the airport are £10 and over the phone was £8, so doing it online was the cheapest. So in summary, I could of not booked in my luggage and arrived at the airport with it, but it would cost me £10 each way :)

Shocking!!

Cheap airlines are never cheap... I hope I dont get in an emergency on a flight one day... when the oxygen masks drop your gonna have to put 50p in a slot to be able to get air... and thats for the first 30 seconds....

Shocking!!

Cheap airlines are never cheap... I hope I dont get in an emergency on a flight one day... when the oxygen masks drop your gonna have to put 50p in a slot to be able to get air... and thats for the first 30 seconds....

Well, the £154 initial price ended up closer to £180 after luggage charges, £6 to allocate your seat and CC charges :dry:

They are all putting these little CC charges, admin charges, and now luggage charges, it doesn't make sense.

Good ol' BA still has one price online, including all baggage, charges, taxes and food. :thumbs:

They are all putting these little CC charges, admin charges, and now luggage charges, it doesn't make sense.

Good ol' BA still has one price online, including all baggage, charges, taxes and food. :thumbs:

But normally a lot more expensive ;)

Whats with this £6 to allocate your seat? do you take your own seat now and they bolt it into position for you? :lol:

Whats with this £6 to allocate your seat? do you take your own seat now and they bolt it into position for you? :lol:

I booked my flights with them down to the south of france for £86 all in. Cheaper than the budget places and I don't have to drive the Stanstead / Luton or some other back end of nowhere airport. :teeth:

Seriously, not as expensive as you might think. Often the cheapest for me. :)

I booked my flights with them down to the south of france for £86 all in. Cheaper than the budget places and I don't have to drive the Stanstead / Luton or some other back end of nowhere airport. :teeth:

Seriously, not as expensive as you might think. Often the cheapest for me. :)

I agree with you on that, i often find BA is pretty cheap, does help when you have airmiles too ;)

BA are great when my company are paying - but I cant get away with holiday destinations though :lol:

Going off flying big time these days hate the cattle hearding getting there at 03:00 am lark etc , so I'd rather drive if I can .... :teeth: Not always possible I know but...

I would vouch for BA...ive found them much cheaper in comparison to budget airlines when you factor in the total travel cost from point to point. TBH most full service airlines are competing well with budget airlines on the price differential!!

usually by taking only hand luggage allows you to go into the priority line with ryanair, from which you can board first, you may have to forego this if you book in luggage nixy, which means you will be split from your friends unless they can keep your seat ;)

To go back to your original question.

At check-in they will usually check / ask to see your hand luggage if it is in their opinion to big or heavy they will make you check it or lose it so therefore they have a process to deal with checking in luggage on turn up not booking only, I suspect you will have to pay a bit more for it. No experience of checking bags this way with Ryan air in last couple of flights with them over last half year, next time I'm going past a RyanAir check-in I'll ask but not sure if they are in the airports I'm going through in next couple of weeks.

Maybe some one else could ask if going past.

T5 baggage and custom process has been excellent in last month, seem to have got it fixed. T1 on the other hand is very very slow these days although security is quicker of course.