JTS aftermath thread - post your pics here

lomoto

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Ive not been able to post this yet, im still uploading all my pictures to the photobucket account! Ill let all know when pics are up...

Thanks for organising that Rob was a fantastic day, and certainly gave me a taste for track days :scare: aside from the lunatic in the Integra :)

Choptop, buddy I hope you get your car sorted, shame you left though i understand why, hope it doesnt deter you in the future would be good to see you again!

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time there. How many of you turn off the ESP when you're on the track? Are you confident in your abilities to stop going off and hitting something?

I must admit I am surprised just how much it kicks in just during general driving - I think I'm so used to the 4WD and massive grip of the GTO that it's probably a good idea I keep it on most of the time else I think I may have gone into a hedge by now, although it is bloody annoying when it does kick in and I lose power! :scare:

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time there. How many of you turn off the ESP when you're on the track? Are you confident in your abilities to stop going off and hitting something?

I must admit I am surprised just how much it kicks in just during general driving - I think I'm so used to the 4WD and massive grip of the GTO that it's probably a good idea I keep it on most of the time else I think I may have gone into a hedge by now, although it is bloody annoying when it does kick in and I lose power! :scare:

I automatically turn mine off when ever I get in the car, it just cuts in all the time , besides which it wont save you from an accident by going to hard :)

I only ever leave mine on if its wet or raining. Otherwise its always gets turned off, its a different car with it off, i find the grip is amazing for a RWD car, i Just came from and AWD Celica GT4 and thought the zed would scare me but it doesnt I just have a bit more respect as i know it could bite me if im careless.

Left it on, as did a few others, didn't kick in and shouldn't if being driven properly. (Not claiming any driving awards btw!)

Nice pics Chris, will take a look at them, but any of mine I'd like mailed if you can? Cheers. :)

Left it on, as did a few others, didn't kick in and shouldn't if being driven properly. (Not claiming any driving awards btw!)

Nice pics Chris, will take a look at them, but any of mine I'd like mailed if you can? Cheers. :)

Drop me the img numbers and I'll stick them on some webspace I have. at 3-5MB a pop they aint small enough to email easily ;)

One thing I did notice chaps, is after the track session, non of you had chocks to stick under the wheels to leave the handbrakes off. Hope non of you had pad transfer and the judder it leads to! :surrender: First rule of track days/sessions is not to put your brakes on afterwards, always chock the wheels :thumbs:

One thing I did notice chaps, is after the track session, non of you had chocks to stick under the wheels to leave the handbrakes off. Hope non of you had pad transfer and the judder it leads to! :surrender: First rule of track days/sessions is not to put your brakes on afterwards, always chock the wheels :thumbs:

Left mine in gear with the brake off Chris :)

:thumbs:

So did I. (eventually! :lol: )

Hi Guys

What a great day this was, track was fun, even though after having an argument with the marshals about suction mounts for the bullet cameras then wedging it under the head rest, and promptly turning it off as we left the pits to go out on track!!! Doh, got a great 3 mins of film in the pit lane!!:angry:

It was fun on track, I got passed quite a few cars I though I shouldn't have and then there were the numpty's that were diving passed in to the bends and spinning in front of me!!:lol::lol: this happened 5 times!! with 2 spectacularly saving it from spinning, one was a white DC2 and the other a GTi-R.

Good to meet some of the peeps off the board had a good turn out of cars, but I was surprised at how small the show was especially with the drifting and time attack on. Coming over from a ford background, FordFair is huge and there are lots of traders selling everything and tons more car clubs, but still and enjoyable day.

Looking forward to the next one and it would be good if we get some flags to put up on the stand and flyers under the wipers so people know who we are.

One last thing Thanks to Rob for sorting this out :thumbs:

Cheers

Ando.

Looking forward to the next one and it would be good if we get some flags to put up on the stand and flyers under the wipers so people know who we are.

Robs got it all in hand ;)

Ando,

I live in Markfield :thumbs:

Shame we did not meet mate. Did not realise a fellow member was so close!

What colour is your car (mine is Azure) - I'll look out for you on my travels.

Neil