Jdm limit

Jay

Hey guys i know that Jdm's are limited but can anyone tel me what they actually are limited to? I got it up to 125 and it seemed not to want anymore. So am guessin thats its limit? What is the zeds max output?

Cheers for your help guys and gals :teeth:

Think you're correct Paul.

Glad you enjoyed Knockhill Jay............ :lol::lol::lol:

I say this as I assume the indicated 125 was reached on the race track. :teeth:

Yeh i think this must be a speedo issue. I know all speedo's aren't 100% accurate anyway, but mine tops out at 120mph, but as gixxeruk says - that should actually be 112mph - which is a little off putting.

Apparently fairly simple to do. Kits are readily available too.

I can honestly say that there is no need to drive above the limited speed on public roads.

These kind of speeds can come round quite quick sometimes though :blush:

Mine hovers just before the 120MPH mark when it cuts the power. I read that JDM's were limited to 118 somewhere which I would guess is realistic since everybody is getting around the 120MPH indicated mark.

Then of course all our speedo's may be rubbish :p

Its a joke how easily 130+ can come about - you really have to watch the speedo on the motorway to ensure you never break the 70mph limit, which is obviously illegal and very very naughty indeed.

Am I right in thinking the UK cars are limited to 155?

Theoretically I think it's around 175. Not sure though, I remember asking the same question and 182 being mentioned.

Think i know who told you that - but his car is far from stock ;)

So we know that the tops for a6 speed Mt are around 170 -180 but anybody know about the JDM 5 speed AT?

JDM cars are factory limited to 112mph but most speedos generally over read by 'around' 10% anyway, so its not uncommon to see an indicated 120-125ish mph before the speed limiter comes in........all on a race track of course :lol:

An SLD will remove the speed limiter :thumbs:

Theoretically I think it's around 175. Not sure though, I remember asking the same question and 182 being mentioned.

Think i know who told you that - but his car is far from stock ;)

So we know that the tops for a6 speed Mt are around 170 -180 but anybody know about the JDM 5 speed AT?

Think its pretty much the same mate, less gears but the final drive ratio is lower to make up for it. The 3.5 gearing as standard on the manual would allow the car to go to about 185mph at 6850 rpm but this is limited by the engine power which wouldn't use all of this range. So even if the maximum a 5spd auto would take is less than 185mph, the cars would probably achieve the same top speed.

And if you believe my drivel you'll belive anything :lol:

I have just delimited mine, Like all cars JDM they are limited between 112 to about 122, Wouldnt worry speedo's always read wrong hence the 10% +/- on speed cameras.

Delimiting required taking a pair of snips to the ECU loom and hardwiring it in to the loom. Probs 45 min job to do. Decent instructions sent with them also - (cheers phil). - I thought a JDM was limited in two ways (boggo speed limiter to 112-122 and another on the ecu at 155. May be wrong though.