Nurburgring Pics......... Lots!!

Ando

HI

As some of you know I went to the ring the other week, thought I'd post up some pics from the weekend.

It was the first time I'd really driven the car hard, but I was being well conservative driving it to be honest, after writing of my m3 on track with no insurance and only having owned the 350Z a week. Didn't have to many moments other than the tires going off after 2 consecutive laps and it got a bit slippy.

It'd be great if we could sort out a 350z trip out there sometime.....

Some of the journey there.

DSC04215.jpg

DSC04217.jpg

DSC04218.jpg

DSC04221.jpg

There was some VLN Racing on the Saturday afternoon when we got there.

DSC04222.jpg

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04223.jpg

DSC04232.jpg

Some of the car park.

DSC04242.jpg

DSC04243.jpg

DSC04254.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

DSC04235.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04248.jpg

DSC04236.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

DSC04247.jpg

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04245.jpg

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

DSC04231.jpg

DSC04226.jpg

DSC04230.jpg

DSC04228.jpg

This is My mates CSL that he leaves out at the ring now, Lucky Barstweard!!

DSC04240.jpg

My other Mate Tankslapper, he's only got the use of one arm and is so fast at the Ring, he's been going for well over a decade and has done 1000's of laps, it amazing how he does it, It's bit scary mind at 160mph when he put his knee on the steering wheel to put the SMG back into auto!!

DSC04234.jpg

We got talking to some guys in there Evo's and Skyines and they were saying how much power they had.

This one had over 600bhp, he broke down, iirc.

DSC04249.jpg

It was funny cuz 99% of the cars that broke down on track were evo's scoobys and the like!!

Busy Busy trying to get out on track.

DSC04250.jpg

Another Incident.

DSC04252.jpg

Recovery Truck trying to squeeze through!!

DSC04251.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

The 350 on the main straight, the track was closed for yet another crash.

DSC04260.jpg

350zringpic.jpg

The 350 getting branded after it's maiden laps of the 'Ring

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04259-1.jpg

Got the Video of the lap to sort out but I'll stick that on here when I get 5, plus some more pics.

Can't wait to go back.

Cheers

Ando

So jealous - i'd love to go there.

Did you get additional insurance for tracking it, or did you risk it?

It is a great place, everytime I insure the car for euro travel I ask them about Germany and 'one way unrestricted toll roads' they don;t know what Im on about and say I'm insured on all German roads.

I guess this means I'm not insured but IF I ever needed to use it then I really hope they have recorded that phone call for training purposes!! lol

I guess its about not trying to hard and enjoying it more than worrying about times, I've driven over 40 laps now and am getting use to the track, really there's about 6 bends out the 170+ to worry about and the accidents are normally in the same places, so as long as you know where you need to be extra careful then generally you'll be ok.

Cheers

Ando

So jealous - i'd love to go there.

Did you get additional insurance for tracking it, or did you risk it?

It is a great place, everytime I insure the car for euro travel I ask them about Germany and 'one way unrestricted toll roads' they don;t know what Im on about and say I'm insured on all German roads.

I guess this means I'm not insured but IF I ever needed to use it then I really hope they have recorded that phone call for training purposes!! lol

I guess its about not trying to hard and enjoying it more than worrying about times, I've driven over 40 laps now and am getting use to the track, really there's about 6 bends out the 170+ to worry about and the accidents are normally in the same places, so as long as you know where you need to be extra careful then generally you'll be ok.

Cheers

Ando

Sound advice - it sounds obvious, but if you can remember the bends where you can go flat out and those where you have to be careful (ie. those with plenty of spectators) then you will be sweet! It's better to take the bend over the hill too slowly and then curse cos ya could've gone faster, rather than the other way!!

:-)

Great piccies B)

certainly a different way to paint the rays

Yeah I quite like them in black, I may do my spare set like this for track wheels, they always look clean as you can't see the brake dust all over them!!

Sound advice - it sounds obvious, but if you can remember the bends where you can go flat out and those where you have to be careful (ie. those with plenty of spectators) then you will be sweet! It's better to take the bend over the hill too slowly and then curse cos ya could've gone faster, rather than the other way!!

:-)

lol I find that even now I think, damn could have gone a bit quicker there, but thats where ring experience comes in....Oo Er!! :lol:

Ando

nice pics and cool write up!

no need to organise a club trip.....let this guy do it for you

http://www.thenurburgringexperience.co.uk/

I went through another car club a few years back using the site above. The guy who runs it is a legend, has been doing it for about 20 years so knows all the marshalls etc and can *usually* get you out of the sh*t if you bin it etc.

We did a long weekend which included autobahn sessions and even go-karting which was a right hoot.

Cheers Guys, still trying to find 5 mins to sort the vid out :wacko:

Did you follow a silver m3 for a spirited drive down the m20 to the tunnel on the Saturday morning.

Yes as per the other pic thread, were you in a Z? When we got checked in we just drove straight round to the train even though it wasn't our Letter being called, we got on an earlier train than we booked ;)

I did park up on the Saturday next to a blade Z at the ring, plate ended in STE, briefly spoke to the owners misses, well she told me to park next to it!!

:lol:

Cheers

Ando

• 3 weeks later...