Dry Ice Dent removal..

dunker

Has anyone tried or would reccomend using this technique?

I have a lovel door rash pimple on my rear wheel arch!!

:rant:

For those that aren't in the know, apparently the super cold temperaturs of the ice cause the metal to contract and hence the dent simply vanishes with no damege to the paintwork!

The physics of it cerainly seem sound, would be well woth a test on something a little cheaper.

I am a bit like Tim, need to see it to believe it :blush:

Interesting concept. I might ask one of my friends who runs a massive panel and paint shop and see what he thinks.

somem parts of the rear wheel arch are double skinned so it's not doable the traditional route. Dry ice is worth a go. Would love to know if its successful. Reading the blurb on dry ice it sounds like it's not 100% perfection though. I have to say that Dave at Denttec has always performed miracles.

• 1 month later...

I heard you can use a hairdryer on the dent to heat it u, then use a compressed can of carbon dioxide or oxygen to do the same thing.

I think you can get a can of gassed air to clean your computer keyboard from any PC store.

And I remember that boots used to sell pure oxygen in a can (for medicinal reasons methinks). Gets you high too!