Manchester is no more. . .

tmJak

Don't knwo if you saw it on the news but the big screen in Piccadilly Gardens was turned off half way through the match to disperse crowds, under the guise that it stopped working. Cops are now in full riot gear being pelted by bottles :scare:

Don't knwo if you saw it on the news but the big screen in Piccadilly Gardens was turned off half way through the match to disperse crowds, under the guise that it stopped working. Cops are now in full riot gear being pelted by bottles :scare:

Start a collection ;)

I assume this eventuality was risk assessed but I am not sure you could ever be fully prepared for this one ;)

boooooo, man they played crap

fell for manchester though :scare:

I just Know you arent a rangers fan :lol:

lol.... i was brought up a rangers fan but lost interest in football when all the forigner took over - still would have liked to see them win :dry:

boooooo, man they played crap

fell for manchester though :scare:

I just Know you arent a rangers fan :lol:

lol.... i was brought up a rangers fan but lost interest in football when all the forigner took over - still would have liked to see them win :dry:

As would I bud as they are a British Team :p

I have to say working in the centre of manchester in the middle of all this yesterday, the fans were all day very well behaved. They were on the drink from 7am, yes I saw a man drink abottle of red wine down in 1. They were all over the city centre and it made manchester like one big carnival. You wouldn't want it alll the time but now and again it's fine.

A unfortunate chain of events sadly fueled by beer made this turn out not so good. Shame really. Why can't football fans behave better like rugby fans.

Main reason - they're not football fans.

Football was always the working class game, with rugby the more noble sport, different levels of respect involved really.

Last season when Man Utd fans were leaving the ground, an unmarked bus stopped at the lights and half a dozen blokes piled off it and beat up a pensioner in front of his grand-daughter - what's that about?!

Last season when Man Utd fans were leaving the ground, an unmarked bus stopped at the lights and half a dozen blokes piled off it and beat up a pensioner in front of his grand-daughter - what's that about?!

I don't know, but all should have been executed. :rant:

There are some to55ers that hide behind football as an excuse to behave like an idiot and fight. These idiots should be strung up.

I am a football fan and have travelled a wee bit (best game, France 98 Scotland V Brazil) where the tartan army marched through Paris WITH the samba boys of Brazil! Awesome.

Unfortunately this does not happen with club football. :dry:

On the Tuesday night, a load of Scots were outside Sinclairs Oyster Bar in Manchester. 3 Russians came in the middle of them, obviously with a death wish or just a screw looose, and started chanting. Some Scots went over to them, and started singing back, something like 'ye kanny do the bouncy bouncy' and then went to shakes the Russian's hands. Russians just walked off and the Scot's shrugged their shoulders and carried on drinking. That's admirable behaviour to be fair :thumbs: