experience of the 'other side'

nikos

just thought I would share this little experience I had with the other site.

a week or so ago I put my car up for sale on here, spent a while writing the ad and uploaded the images. Chose this site first as I much prefer it, better people, not self important A-holes.

For better coverage I put it on the 'other side' too, but being a lazy sod I posted a link to my thread here to view the photos.

went back later that day to find link removed and a message stating this from the moderators - I questioned the reason why - notthing to do with content just bad blood between the sites

how very petty - had to upload the same images.

I imagine that my for sale threads

http://forums.DELETED.com/index.php?showtopic=3059

and

http://forums.DELETED.com/index.php?showtopic=2785

wont last long and will be removed is another act of pettiness

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

That's unfortunate but puts us in a difficult position if they are not prepared to offer reciprocal posting of links which they have never been.

I am willing to let it stay as there is no bad blood from my personal perspective but I am not quite certain why you need these links given that the information is already here as you have stated? I am proceeding on the basis (in good faith) that this is not some kind of silly test

I would feel quite miffed if it were a silly test - Im just a regular guy and dont want to be used as a pawn in a moderators squabble.

I porbably wont be posting very many times, if ever. due to the Z going tomorrow

Guest prescience

Fair enough and thanks for clarifying :) - the link will stay - do keep popping by becuase you have a similar sense of humour to me :)

and the words 'bad blood' were never mentioned in the PM - I read between the lines for that one. But it was stated that it was not the content of the website page from the link but the website in general they objected to

Guest prescience
and the words 'bad blood' were never mentioned in the PM - I read between the lines for that one. But it was stated that it was not the content of the website page from the link but the website in general they objected to

Oh well, that's up to them and see above too :) Mind you, you can never tell what Val will do :lol:

Does it matter who posted it, surely as if it is not offensive to the darkside's members then anyone should be allowed to post to sell their mota.

However I think is it maybe down to the fact you have not paid the £30.

Eddy and George seemed to have done so and can post links.....well perhaps they are just selective or just want your money, best to ask them why to avoid speculation.

If it is a members only thing let me know and I will see if it is okay to post link on your behalf.

IIRC also have had links removed and also have certainly been asked to remove links in my home page to here.

Steve

:lol: how petty, but then again, it's not the first time ;)

No bad blood from me either guys btw. It's only their mod team who have bad blood vs myself as they see me as a "traitor" somehow I was a member with the old site from basically the beginning of it, and decided my morals were more important than being loyal to their mod team :yawn:

Also I can understand why they are pi**ed off with the existence of our site, since we are completely free, have already nearly 500 members (half of what they have already :lol: ) and offer the same if not better benefits that they offer, for....... free :yahoo:

As far as I'm concerned, the link can stay, it's another way to show our members why here is so much better than over there B)

PS we are the dark side :lol:

PPS see my UTEC thread (in my signature) about another display of the OC not caring much about the UK Z community..... :yawn::dry::(

Why can't we all just get along?

:surrender:

Make lurve not war! :boxing:

Seriously, this is pathetic.

Not blaming anyone as I don't know the ins and outs of it all but in my experience it really isn't that hard to get along. There's absolutely no need for this "us and them" mentality. I am a paid up member on the other site and I like the feeling of belonging that I get from that.

I also visit this site most days and post occasionally, this is also a great site (and free before someone else says it) and there is a wealth of good info here and some extremely knowledgable guys. Both sites have their advantages, so why the bad blood? It makes no sense to me - we all share a common interest!

It stinks. :angry:

Guest prescience

David,

You are asking the questions in the wrong place - there is no bad blood here mate, not from me.

Why don't you post a link to this thread there as a member of that site and maybe this can be resolved with some goodwill on both sides :)

Guest prescience
David,

You are asking the questions in the wrong place - there is no bad blood here mate, not from me.

Why don't you post a link to this thread there as a member of that site and maybe this can be resolved with some goodwill on both sides :)

Already done mate. :D

Good on yer :D

It's only their mod team who have bad blood vs myself

(

Hallo! Chubbylover here! Sorry to you guys that I haven't yet made myself a regular contributor to your site, but I find that I can hardly keep up with looking at one site, let alone two. On reflection, you might be breathing a sigh of relief about that!!!

Anyway - just to let you know that I (a VERY IMPORTANT MODERATOR) have absolutely NO BAD BLOOD to anyone on this site. WTF - the only time I ever met Val, at Rockingham, just before your Italy trip, you were really nice to me - a newbie at the time - and I have always appreciated it.

As far as I'm concerned, why can't there be links between the two groups - we've all got a common interest. However, I think Nikos knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to stir a bit of @*!# :p - Go Nikos!!!

Might make an effort to pop in here from time to time, if you're lucky!!!

Cheers

G

(

Hallo! Chubbylover here! Sorry to you guys that I haven't yet made myself a regular contributor to your site, but I find that I can hardly keep up with looking at one site, let alone two. On reflection, you might be breathing a sigh of relief about that!!!

Anyway - just to let you know that I (a VERY IMPORTANT MODERATOR) have absolutely NO BAD BLOOD to anyone on this site. WTF - the only time I ever met Val, at Rockingham, just before your Italy trip, you were really nice to me - a newbie at the time - and I have always appreciated it.

As far as I'm concerned, why can't there be links between the two groups - we've all got a common interest. However, I think Nikos knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to stir a bit of @*!# :p - Go Nikos!!!

Cheers

G

I apologise to everyone on this site if in anyway, I have been responsible for Slim (aka Chubbylover) , posting here. Sorry. ;)

(

Cheers

G

I apologise to everyone on this site if in anyway, I have been responsible for Slim (aka Chubbylover) , posting here. Sorry. ;)

Too late now!!!! There's no going back.... :evil:

I think one of the individuals who pisses people off is the originator of this thread, who IMHO is trying to stir the @*!# and create animosity between this site and the other. People on here will know that i contribute regularly here and i am a "paid up member" there too. If people like Nikos stops stirring the @*!# - this will all go away, so can we keep this kind of stuff for the play ground where it belongs please - I for one am getting thoroughly pi**ed off with it and I am thinking of quitting the whole scene. If I want this kind of crap - I can see it in the streets with the kiddies :angry: