ahhh ... stone chips - the zed curse

GIXXERUK

can anyone who has had the front end re-sprayed tell me ?

does it help with the stone chips ?

are they due to .........

a) the anorexic nissan paint

B) the design of the front end (stone chip magnet )

cheers

Paul

only way to truely stop it is to get it paintshielded

not cheap though and looking from £400

is it improved with non nissan paint ? just trying to work out why its so bad, everytime i drive it i find more and more :headhurt: or is it just the design of the front end ?

Yes it will be improved with non-nissan paint. The paint used on the 350z seems to be fairly thin and fairly soft (well it chips very easily)

If you have it resprayed and get it baked off nicely then chances are you are much less likely to have stone chips. You will still get some but not the silly numbers that the standard paint gives

[That said the design of the front end does not help]

Keep your receipt if you get it done Gixxer. I can't remember who it was but didn't another member have his fail an AA inspection because it had been "resprayed" in part??? (Seem to remember reading this a little while ago)

:thumbs: Good idea

thats another aspect of the stone chips, if you get it resprayed a buyer will suspect a front end shunt :headhurt:

and if you dont he will think its been driven hard behind a gritter all its life :wacko:

Keep your receipt if you get it done Gixxer. I can't remember who it was but didn't another member have his fail an AA inspection because it had been "resprayed" in part??? (Seem to remember reading this a little while ago)

thats another aspect of the stone chips, if you get it resprayed a buyer will suspect a front end shunt :headhurt:

and if you dont he will think its been driven hard behind a gritter all its life :wacko:

I'm sure if you explain it to them, and they've seen a few others, they will appreciate the effort you have made to get it resprayed, I know I certainly would :thumbs:

I'm sure if you explain it to them, and they've seen a few others, they will appreciate the effort you have made to get it resprayed, I know I certainly would :thumbs:

thats because you know zeds

When I hads my front end resprayed I asked the guys at the paint shop to put more coats than usual on, 18 months later it still has just as many chips as before :blush:

+1 mine has still got loads of stone chips after getting it sprayed