Bagged, Riced and Boosted?

Been meaning to start a build thread for a while - I feel like the cars finally getting to a point where it's worth doing.

Here's what it looked like when I first bought it - ugly but it had black accents I quite liked

IMG_3037.JPG

• Like 1

My favourite mod even now is the new wheels - OZ Superleggera III - found them surprisingly cheap on FB marketplace and had help refurbing them with Ballistic350

IMG_6782.jpg

Despite the wheels and the lows making the car stand out - I still wanted something different. So I went for a Nismo V2 (replica) front bumper because I like the way they look and haven't seen them on many UK z's

IMG_0669.jpg

With much work outside of the car - I thought I'd give the engine bay some love too - with about 50 hours of hand sanding and polishing - I gave the plenum and timing chain cover some much needed love. An ebay wire harness cover and some high temp paint became the cherry on top

IMG_5342.JPG

The rear end has looked really empty considering all of the other mods - so I treated myself to a V2 Nismo Style rear wing with a Carbon blade. I won't be naming where I got this from as the fitment of the part and the service I received from the company that sold it to me were far below expectation (plus it arrived 10 months after ordering despite being quoted an 8 week lead time)

With some heat (and stronger screws) my spoiler found its way onto the car

IMG_0666.jpg

An ISR burnt tip exhaust was a much needed change over my quiet milltek (much to the dismay of my neighbours)

This one is a bit of a love hate relationship as it sounds amazing when WOT but I do find it to make more noise than I'd want while cruising at 70 - hoping I get used to this one

IMG_0671.jpg

There are a few things in the plans going forward but that brings us to everything done up until the day this thread was first made

Here's a teaser for the future...

IMG_4350.JPG

• Like 1

Nice build so far, looks good

Rear bumper needs something to balance the front/sides and the spoiler. Too many zeds leave the rear bumper standard and for me it always looks incomplete and top heavy with a bigger spoiler

Even rear spats make a huge difference 

21 hours ago, LRF4N said:

Nice build so far, looks good

Rear bumper needs something to balance the front/sides and the spoiler. Too many zeds leave the rear bumper standard and for me it always looks incomplete and top heavy with a bigger spoiler

Even rear spats make a huge difference 

Couldn't agree more - currently would love to have something with a JDM square plate, a lot of options but cant decide

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Payco said:

Chargespeed ?. 

IMG_6692.jpeg

If I could find one for sale yes, would do the same as you and have the "bumper tuck" - not too sure how I feel about vents though

Do quite like the look of the chargespeed rear bumper apart from the ugly JDM number plate recess. 

Nismo V1 style spats, Tarmacsportz diffuser and custom spoiler lip.

IMG_20240127_0750215.jpg.f5bb522aa026fea0edf68ab17745775f.jpg

1 hour ago, ZaneDylan said:

If I could find one for sale yes, would do the same as you and have the "bumper tuck" - not too sure how I feel about vents though

Most in the UK are copies made by RT Performance at Wembley. Took  a copy of Wassos original over ten years ago. Mine came from RTP when I owned the car.

On 07/06/2024 at 14:11, davey_83 said:

Do quite like the look of the chargespeed rear bumper apart from the ugly JDM number plate recess. 

Nismo V1 style spats, Tarmacsportz diffuser and custom spoiler lip.

IMG_20240127_0750215.jpg.f5bb522aa026fea0edf68ab17745775f.jpg

Not a big fan of diffusers for my car - I like showing off all the shiny suspension components aha :D

I do like spats, may have to do something with that

• Like 1

So I've started the tedious process of wrapping the car - totally in love with the colour even if it is a bit loud.

Even while installing it I still think paint is king - but for a cheap colour change that doesn't look half bad it well worth it

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

• Like 5