Hi folks, in the market for a 370Z. Any tips?

After much deliberation I have decided the 370Z is the best car for me. Specifically a manual. I'd be looking for a later car for the cheaper tax because £675 a year is daylight robbery!!!

What should I be looking out for when buying? What common problems do these cars have? As far as I know the later examples don't suffer with the oil gallery gasket issue or the steering lock problem, is there anything else I should know about?

I have seen some folks online mention high oil consumption. Is this related to the oil gallery gasket issue? Or can it happen to all cars?

Also, what sort of MPG is realistic for motorway cruising (say a 200 mile trip down the M6 at 70mph)? And do you guys always run your cars on 98 octane or is 95 perfectly fine? (I would always prefer v power anyway but just in case I can't find any if I'm in the middle of nowhere).

Any expensive replacement parts/service items I should know about? What does the maintenance schedule look like? Is there an interval to replace the timing chains or are they 'lifetime'? How long do clutches typically last?

Have also heard about rust, clutch slave cylinder issues and rear driveshaft clicking sounds. Any comments on those?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by jr795