370z buyers guide?

Hi 👋 In a weird twist of events, after looking since November for a 350z with no luck, I’ve given up and may be going to see an 18 plate 370z over the weekend - any tips that would help me when inspecting?

Thanks 👍🏻

• Like 1

Being an 18 plate you shouldn't have to worry about gallery gaskets so depending on milage you may have clutch slave issues these can fail at around 70k and is gearbox off. A quick look over for rust,bit should be ok but you never know if it was parked by the sea. Tyres are not cheap so make sure you have some good ones on it apart from that you just check out the normal stuff.

• Thanks 1

Later ones actually shouldn't suffer the clutch slave issues, plus I'd add neither the steering lock mechanism failure either. 

I've owned my 2017 Nismo for three years today and have covered approximately 9000 miles in that period, with no issues at all.  Current total mileage is now 25,500.

I'd say go for it.

Edited by Loadmaster
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Later ones actually shouldn't suffer the clutch slave issues, plus I'd add neither the steering lock mechanism failure either. 

I've owned my 2017 Nismo for three years today and have covered approximately 9000 miles in that period, with no issues at all.  Current total mileage is now 25,500.

I'd say go for it.

The clutch slave is still the plastic piece of crap version earlier ones use, they will fail with age they just won't be many 2017 370z's with 60/70k on them

• Like 2