Matt8v 350z GT4 saved from the brink!

Matt8v

Just a quick update today.

More modifying back to standard! 

Someone might want my old lights for a motorsport or molded look.

I bought these original lights from Olly on here, thanks so much buddy, they are awesome condition. 

20230806_101555.jpg

20230806_101618.jpg

20230806_101607.jpg

40 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

Glad you're happy with them dude, not bad for in storage! Always disliked those aftermarket rear lights, OEM is much nicer. Keep the updates coming! 

Hey Olly, thanks again mate. I love the way the car is looking now. Lots of little jobs to do.

Changed the front wiper arms, as someone decided to snap both for the previous owner! 

Has anyone got 6x little plastic covers that go over the rear lights fixing points please? The aftermarket lights had different shape covers.

4 hours ago, Matt8v said:

Just a quick update today.

More modifying back to standard! 

Someone might want my old lights for a motorsport or molded look.

I bought these original lights from Olly on here, thanks so much buddy, they are awesome condition. 

20230806_101555.jpg

20230806_101618.jpg

20230806_101607.jpg

Modded look, not molded! Thanks autocorrect 😑 

• Haha 1

Think I've saved a fortune on not having to buy new headlights! Machine polished my existing ones tonight with a drill attachment and some G3 cutting compound. I'm loving this car and what I can achieve with it. I'm certainly no mechanic but willing to give it a try.

20230806_202507.jpg

20230806_202503.jpg

20230806_201116.jpg

20230806_201123.jpg

• Like 5

I'm so impressed with Torque GT in Devon. They have carried out a health check on this car today. An hour and all of these points covered. Found the oil low, topped it up. Found an airbag light fault, reset it and no extra charges for doing both.

I need new bushes as these are shot and need a new exhaust from the cats back. A nice stainless one I think! 

20230808_185321.jpg

20230808_185336.jpg

20230808_185103.jpg

• Like 1

So I've had a quote from Torque GT for the work to be done from the health check carried out this week.

They offer the Fujitsubo exhaust on offer at the moment, made for high performance Jap cars. I've heard a couple of cars with it fitted to whilst I was there and it's a smart rumble without being a boy racers dream! The website says no cabin drone while driving, suits me fine.

Once these jobs are carried out, I should be fine for the mot, fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20230810_223911_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by Matt8v

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of time to look at the drivers door window motor. It's not worked since I bought the car.

I used the university of YouTube to work out how to take the doorcard and inner metal plate off.

All the motor needed was a bit of WD40 as the contacts were dry. Ran it up and down a few times, so refitted everything. Tried it once everything was back together and it stopped at the open position. Bugger!

I looked online and an American forum said to hit the door card whilst pressing the button. It only bloody worked! Fully working windows now! 

20230819_163114.jpg

20230819_161752.jpg

20230819_163107.jpg

• Like 4

As we can see from previous posts, the paintwork on this car is in a shocking state. The front end has had a hundred touch in pen marks. These leave a raised dot on the paint and feel rough when you put your hand over the paint.

As I haven't got anything to lose by trying to work with the paint I have, I've had a trail go at it. 2000 grit wet and dry to rub off the high spots, then a quick run over with the drill attachment pad with G3 cutting compound, before a test detail spray to check what it looks like. When I machine polish the whole car, I have a proper machine to use. So will come out better and use some good polish to bring back the shine and protection to the car.

20230821_202213.jpg

20230821_202740.jpg

20230821_202704.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Nice work on both those jobs, top stuff. These cars are terrible for stone chips, never known a car like it 😮

Thanks buddy, just trying to get stuck into doing jobs on this car and learn more about it. I'd hate to own one and have to pay a garage to do everything for me, I'd be bankrupt 😂. I find it part of the fun of owning one of these, is doing small tasks.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Looking fabulous!!!! What's next 

Thanks so much! 

What's next....

Into the garage at the end of next week to fit a new Japspeed Y pipe and a Fujitsubo Legalis R cat back exhaust. Have the front suspension bushes changed, change the air-con belt while they have it and get it mot'd. 

I'll be on hols then, so can't wait to get it back the following week.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks lovely that, it's the exact same as the Nismo these had the option for as Fujitsubo were commissioned by Nismo to make the exhaust. She'll sound and feel noticeably better now.

The underside is dirty but clean if that makes sense. 

49 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Looks lovely that, it's the exact same as the Nismo these had the option for as Fujitsubo were commissioned by Nismo to make the exhaust. She'll sound and feel noticeably better now.

The underside is dirty but clean if that makes sense. 

Hey thanks Davey, I had read about them making the Nismo exhausts. It helped to make my mind up on it as well as 10% off and free fitting was helpful also! 

I do understand what you mean about the underside. It's prob dirty from being sat in the salvage place for a while but I've been told it's really good for not being rusty under there. The W brace doesn't look too great though.