Father son project follow our journey on tictok!

Hi everyone!

my son and I have just bought a 350z as a little father son project. I own a bodyshop in Stanbridge near Leighton buzzard.  Lu7 area.  We are looking for advise, inspiration and meets. 
we bought it off a customer after the bonnet catch had broke and folded the bonnet up onto the roof.  We have managed to get hold of a bonnet so we will be taking it to Santa pod on Sunday! 
my son has created a tictok page for people to follow our journey.  I have posted the qr code, go check the pictures 👍🏻  
my son is in love already and want us to join a club or go to meets.  If anyone knows of any we can join it would be great if there is one locally. 
any advise would be great.  We are good with bodywork but I don’t have much knowledge on mechanical!🤦🏻‍♂️
Who’s going Japfest sunday? 🇯🇵 

9E447D1D-C821-4DA6-B049-506FAED11870.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks so much!👍🏻

I e put the new bonnet on this morning.  But may need hinges alignment isn’t great. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I’m after a front screen too and a carbon fibre roof.  It has advisories for one rear and one front wheel bearing and track rod ends due to slight play.  Any advice on them would be great.  I’m a body man and my mechanical knowledge is poor!

im loving working on it.  I used to own a 300zx twin turbo about 13 years ago and having this is bringing back such good times.  Building with my 12 year old is a bonus! 😊👊🏼

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

unfortunately I can not help with the screen or roof due to shipping issues with these parts I am afraid.

However the bonnet hinges, bearings and rod ends should not be a problem. 

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/126954-for-sale-350z-front-wheel-bearing-assembly/

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/126958-for-sale-350z-rear-wheel-bearing-assembly-carrier/

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/126956-for-sale-350z-rear-wheel-bearing-assembly/

Just drop me a PM if I can help further,

Alex.

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

Welcome to the forum! You must be just around the corner from us since we're also in the LU7 area. 

We can help with the carbon fiber roof cap, however, it's not something we currently have on the shelf, we only have one for 370z in stock at the moment - it'd need to be ordered in from the USA. 

Available here: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/body-styling/exterior/22867-350z-fly1-motorsports-carbon-fiber-roof-cap.html

We normally quote 6-8 weeks for manufacturing and 4-5 weeks delivery to the UK by sea. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like a really fun project to work on with your boy! Congrats.

10 hours ago, DynamicR350z said:

Who’s going Japfest sunday? 🇯🇵 

My boyfriend and I will be going to JapShow Finale on Sunday! I presume that's what you meant. Will be taking my Fairlady early in the morning, hoping to park in the paddock! 😎

1 hour ago, Waifujitsu said:

Looks like a really fun project to work on with your boy! Congrats.

My boyfriend and I will be going to JapShow Finale on Sunday! I presume that's what you meant. Will be taking my Fairlady early in the morning, hoping to park in the paddock! 😎

yes that’s right!👍🏻 what time you getting there?

Thanks so much!👍🏻

I e put the new bonnet on this morning.  But may need hinges alignment isn’t great. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I’m after a front screen too and a carbon fibre roof.  It has advisories for one rear and one front wheel bearing and track rod ends due to slight play.  Any advice on them would be great.  I’m a body man and my mechanical knowledge is poor!

im loving working on it.  I used to own a 300zx twin turbo about 13 years ago and having this is bringing back such good times.  Building with my 12 year old is a bonus! 😊👊🏼

51 minutes ago, DynamicR350z said:

yes that’s right!👍🏻 what time you getting there?

We're aiming to show up for opening at 08:00 so I can register my car in the paddock! Early night needed on Saturday for sure...

52 minutes ago, DynamicR350z said:

Thanks so much!👍🏻

Really sounds like a very fun project that'll be super satisfying at each milestone. But I'm afraid I can't offer any advice as I'm a new owner as well! Just got my Fairlady Z on Tuesday and she's in wonderful shape, hopefully won't need anything beyond routine maintenance for many years.

I attached photos of my car in my intro thread (linked in my signature). Do have a look out for us and say hello!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Waifujitsu said:

We're aiming to show up for opening at 08:00 so I can register my car in the paddock! Early night needed on Saturday for sure...

Really sounds like a very fun project that'll be super satisfying at each milestone. But I'm afraid I can't offer any advice as I'm a new owner as well! Just got my Fairlady Z on Tuesday and she's in wonderful shape, hopefully won't need anything beyond routine maintenance for many years.

I attached photos of my car in my intro thread (linked in my signature). Do have a look out for us and say hello!

Will do defo!👍🏻

• Like 1