Will the bubble burst on JDM extortion?!

GranTurismoEra

Is it just a current trend because America started buying 25 year old cars. Will they ever come down. For example the A80 Supra is currently £30-£40k depending on transmission. Seems all the kids want to get a closer look.

Do you think that will double or triple like the R34 which some dealers have put at £180k. Seems crazy that the enthusiast community can no longer save for 4 years and buy anymore 🤣

Is it worth considering something like an A80 before it ends up like the skyline? I also remember the R32 GTR being £20,000. Crazy. I would have loved an R32 GTR. Lovely shape. I think they are near double that now if you can find one

One of neighbours started collecting cheaper classics like old boxy MR2 hes a mechanic. I think by 2030 these cars will be worth a bit.

Either way theres no way im not looking into a classic car with 2030 approaching. A worthy investment I think despite ULEZ. Oh theres a way around certain ULEZ rules. Wink wink

Edited by GranTurismoEra

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I also remember the R32 GTR being £20,000. Crazy. I would have loved an R32 GTR. Lovely shape. I think they are near double that now if you can find one

I remember GTRs being that cheap youd buy and MoT'd one for an engine swap and throw the rest of the car away, £3.5K is the cheapest I recall. 
All of the guys that were in the scene knew this was going to happen, but no-one had the money or space to take advantage, chances are youll see a better return investing in property anyway.  
That said I know a guy who sold a 22B in 2011, he got £21K IIRC, hes a bit gutted now :lol:

• Like 2