Coilover help

dcash5

Right,

I have decided that the stock ride height is a bit too much for my liking but i quite like the comfort level and if anyone has ever driven around the roads of Guildford they will understand that the comfort factor is vastly important, so all those people who have coilovers what is your set up and what is your experience of them?

Im not on about dropping it really low just tidying it up abit

Cheers

Dan

Right,

I have decided that the stock ride height is a bit too much for my liking but i quite like the comfort level and if anyone has ever driven around the roads of Guildford they will understand that the comfort factor is vastly important, so all those people who have coilovers what is your set up and what is your experience of them?

Im not on about dropping it really low just tidying it up abit

Cheers

Dan

KW variant 3 best on the market for the 350Z

there is only 1 unit that should be considered when comfort and performance is the top order: the Bilstein PSS9

As nice as the KW are (and we use them quite a bit here and are a dealer of theirs), the settings are far too complicated for someone not intimately familiar with suspension setup to tackle (since its adjustable compression vs rebound independant of one another). A good unit if you are planning some track time...complete overkil for the street though IMHO

there is only 1 unit that should be considered when comfort and performance is the top order: the Bilstein PSS9

As nice as the KW are (and we use them quite a bit here and are a dealer of theirs), the settings are far too complicated for someone not intimately familiar with suspension setup to tackle (since its adjustable compression vs rebound independant of one another). A good unit if you are planning some track time...complete overkil for the street though IMHO

What are the prices like of the Bilstein Adam, vs the KWs?

The KW sell for around $1850 from us (plus shipping), Bilsteins are $1600 + shipping..so around $250US less. Having spent extensive time with both units (and we're dealers for both brands), I vastly prefer the PSS9, as its far easier to setup, and the ride quality is second to none, among any coilover I've used to date for a Z. For a street car, the KW V2 would be another very good choice as well

Maybe Adam could donate me some Bilsteins and Phil could donate me some KW v3's and I'll decide which is best and keep them :teeth::lol:

I was kinda hoping that the Bilsteins would work out quite a bit cheaper as atm I cant warrent spending that much on suspension when I'm not tracking the Zed :blush:

Maybe Adam could donate me some Bilsteins and Phil could donate me some KW v3's and I'll decide which is best and keep them :teeth::lol:

I was kinda hoping that the Bilsteins would work out quite a bit cheaper as atm I cant warrent spending that much on suspension when I'm not tracking the Zed :blush:

there are other options which may suit on a lesser budget.

there are other options which may suit on a lesser budget.

Certainly consider them long and hard when our annual trip oop narth comes along at xmas ;):teeth:

KW V3 mate! Ride quality is very good!

sorry for being off topic but did you get 274bhpp on a dyno recently?

No mate ive only had 2 dyno's done at dyno demon on a dynodynamics and they were 281bhp and 286.9bhp.

why??

KW V3 mate! Ride quality is very good!

sorry for being off topic but did you get 274bhpp on a dyno recently?

No mate ive only had 2 dyno's done at dyno demon on a dynodynamics and they were 281bhp and 286.9bhp.

why??

Im going there soon and noticed it on there website??