30k service

zedwagon

Hi there

I am a new(ish) owner of a '52 JDM zed. I have had it for a couple of months now and am enjoying it!! I've been looking at the site for a while and would like to say thanks for all the useful info which helped when i bought it.

It's now time for its 30k service and my local garage has asked me to find out exactly what that entails and to try and find out part numbers for any necessary parts as they've had trouble with imports and part numbers before (mazda he said) so...

can anyone tell me exactly what a 30k service includes and whether the uk car parts fit i.e. filters etc

also, when are the service intervals - are they every 10k or 12k miles?

or does anyone know a good garage in south manchester that would be good to take it to?

help is much appreciated!!

p.s. I have come from a MINI cooper s works and other MINIS used to wave occasionally - i've seen a few zeds round and about but no-one seems to wave - is it not the done thing in a zed??!!

Hi and :welcome:

The Zed has a 9000 mile service interval and is done on the basis of P1, P2, P1, P3. with 30k on the clock you have either yet to have the second P1 with is really nothing more than an oil and filter change, or it's coming up for the P3 which is the major one. I'm not sure exactly what this entails as I haven't had one on mine yet, bit I'm sure someone will be along soon with the info you need.

Heelo & welcome.

30k doesn't mean a great deal, the recommended service interval is 9K or 12 months. The service required depends, the order is P1, P2, P1, P3 P1 etc so you can work out which is required. Re the work required for each of the services it is detailed in the service manual, if you haven't got one PM me and I can copy mine and send it to you.

Here is a copy of the service sheet showing what each service required (P1/P2/P3)

As to which one will depend on whats been previously done. If its only done 30K I am guessing it will need a

2002 New

2003 P1

2004 P2

2005 P1

2006 P3

2007 P1

2008 P2

So a P2 but.. that presumes its been serviced up to spec if not best to go with the more expensive P3

http://www.convery.me.uk/temp/serv2.jpg

Thanks very much for these - very helpful.

I don't have any service history with the car - it was a fresh import, it seems as though it has been looked after in japan though

I'm thinking I might be best with a P3 plus cambelt to be on the safe side - but sounds expenisve! any ideas as to cost?

M13KYF - I'm in Sale - I think I may have seen you just before I got the zed and when i was in the "Works" on the A56 near the city centre, destroying the poor Works!

no cambelt on a Z

Yeah I drive down the A56 to work in the city centre, I'll give you a wave next time I see you. What colour is ya Z by the way.

For a P3 your looking around the £300 mark at a dealers, TDI will be cheaper as their labour rates are half of Nissan's

p.s. I have come from a MINI cooper s works and other MINIS used to wave occasionally - i've seen a few zeds round and about but no-one seems to wave - is it not the done thing in a zed??!!

The problem is the Zed's a bit quicker than a MINI so you're past the other Zed before you have chance to wave :lol::lol:

cambelt - oh! forgive me, I am female!

i usually go to cross st garage in sale and he is very good

one final thing - if the garage orders parts i.e. filters, as if it was a uk car, will they fit?

mine is GM and quite obviously an import - it still has the fairlady badge and one or two japanese stickers - it also speaks to you in japanese when it starts! - we think it say something like - please insert your toll card - as it still has the toll card reader for the toyko autobahns

First, Welcome :)

Second, Where are the pics :p

Third, TDI or a dealer for your first service, just to be on the safe side! Then go with others once you know the work has been done properly!

Forth, always wave but there are some miserable Zed drivers on the road, but then not everyone is always spotting all the time!

I wouldn't bother with a P3, as it is no different to a P2 but costs £100 more!

P2 does everything a P3 does (only difference between the two in the service book on pages 18/19 is replacing the LSD gear oil instead of inspecting it which doesn't need doing as ours is the viscous coupling type).

Save your money and get a P2!

Just my two pennies worth................