Old group buy on CiNcity Custom Headlights

CiNcityDesigns

The NEW group buy list:

1. bigphil

2. martinmac

Hi, my name is Nic Cruz. If any of you guys have been to our website, you'll see in the contact info that I'm the one who's doing the labor and coming up with new and creative mods for just about any cars lights I can get a hold of. 350's are the most common right now, but that's only because when I started doing this, that's the car i owned. Now I get so much work from them, It's hard to break away and do other types of lights!

Anyway, when CiNcity first came to these boards, I wasn't able to be a part of this. I was just so busy that I had Tim, my web/graphic designer and all around support guy, create these threads and just get back to me on what to expect. After speaking with him about what we could possibly do for you guys, we just ran out of options. The shipping and time it would take to fix you guys up just doesn't make sense as the cost is just too high. Then it hit me, rather than make you guys send and ship everything to me... I'll come to you! A 350 member from a US based forum had given me the idea after asking if i'd be willing to fly down and fix up his car club buddies so they could get their lights done before an important show they had. Sooo... Why couldn't I do that for you folks as well? It'd be MUCH MUCH cheaper and a hell of a lot faster.

So, with that, if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about doing this, i'd love to hear it. My initial thought is that we'd do a group buy and have people send their lights to a central location (not sure what the location and driving/shipping situation is like for you boys) where i'd set up shop for a week or two and just turn out lights. It'd be easier for me if one of you guys would have a spare bedroom or a hook up on a hotel with access to a shop or something like that? I'll need a clean area to paint and an large enough oven to stick a single light in at a time. The amount of people in the group buy needed to make this happen will depend on the mods to be done. I think even just a hand full of you guys would make things cheaper than what it would take to cover shipping and fees wouldn't it?? I would think at least 5 or 6 people would be sufficient, but that'd be based on mods needed to be done.

If we can get this worked out, we should all save some money and the biggest thing, save TIME! I'm ready to go do this when you guys are and like I said above, this doesn't have to be about Nissan 350 headlights. I can do most anything to any light, I just don't get afforded the time with all the orders I have here. Obviously some things can't be done to certain lights, but working with LEDs or CCFLs is what I do best and can turn anything into a work of art if given the proper time to do so. Also, with the creation of my newest Audi R8 LED mod, maybe some of you guys would like to be the first to sport this in your neck of the woods!!

My contact info is located on my website. Please, CALL me if anyone can put together a good situation for all of us. I'll need a good contact from one you to help me put this all together. Someone I can email back and forth with to help set up dates and possible mods for people. That way i'll know what i need to bring along with me to support everyones request.

My email is nic@cincitydesigns.com and my phone is 701-440-1801 Also, we have a forum up at our site that i'm on ALL day and night. If some of you can maybe stop in and sign up so that we can continue to get this all worked out, that'd be awesome! I'd really like to get the chance to work with you guys and do something different for a change. Also, it'd be a nice way to get some pictures of the things you guys do for my website. Local car meets and that sort of thing.

I'll be checking back here from time to time as well, but probably not as often as I check my email. I get a notification on my cell phone from that so I know to respond.

Thanks for the time everyone!!! Please share your ideas with me.

This was my last prototype of the Audi R8 mod before I put it into production. You should see some on car pics come up soon!

Headlights055.jpg

Headlights046.jpg

img2462zi3.jpg

img2467oc4.jpg

img2474ok9.jpg

img2476bl0.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03648.jpg

DSC03646.jpg

63305370ij6.jpg

50844278to9.jpg

18742356oa3.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03602.jpg

DSC03604.jpg

DSC03611.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

DSC03567.jpg

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03531.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03508.jpg

I know most of these images are of 06+ lights, but that's what mostly gets sent to me. Everyone here KILLS for these lights and can't stand the 03-05 versions. Now, that doesn't mean I can't work with them, it's just as common. I'm working on ideas for the 03-05 guys all the time and will have those posted when available or if someone has an idea they want expressed. As talked about before, some of these mods CAN NOT work on the 03-05 and some 03-05's CAN NOT work on the 06+. I'm more than happy to explain what will work with you and help express your vision in the positive and stunning way I can!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going to take their lights out to send to you, be without their car for the duration waiting for you to send them back? Why don't you send the lights and let the buyers send you theirs once fitted? ;)

Because you guys have RH drivers. Which is the reason the other thread got closed. All our clients send us their lights cause it's cheaper. If you want to go purchase a new set from the dealer and send those to us that would work too.

Do the costs include shipping and insurance whilst shipped?

How long would the turn around be? As above, this effectively takes the car off the road until the headlights are returned right in the middle of our UK show season. May not be an issue for some people, but would be useful info for people considering it.

:) Chris.

OK I would be up for this. Many of our traders have to buy parts which they modify to request and offer on a new for old basis. The initial outlay is covered by the sales price over time.

I am not going to buy a new set of lights and send them to you then when returned send you the original ones. not worth the hassle.

Surely, if your product is worth the price and you have enough feedback to indicate it is, its worth buying a couple of sets of UK spec lights to kick start the sales.

Once a few members have fitted the lights you will get positive feedback and the system will run well. :D

Cost does not include shipping to the UK. We personally can't get our hands on a new set of UK lights or we would.

Try MJP, on of our traders here. I'm sure he could sort you out some UK lights at a good price. :)

What is the cost of shipping to the UK from yourselves then?

I think it would be useful for people if they had answers to the following questions in order to make a decision:

1) How long is the turnaround, including shipping back to the UK (so people know how long their car is off the road for)

2) How much is shipping to the UK, and is this insured?

3) What are the projector mod options?

Hope that helps :)

I think it would be useful for people if they had answers to the following questions in order to make a decision:

1) How long is the turnaround, including shipping back to the UK (so people know how long their car is off the road for)

Turn around time all depends on how many orders we have going. We have many group buys going on myspace, my350z.com ebay and here.

Shipping is around $110 USD

Mod options are listed on our website but here they are again for you..

Replace headlight cover with new OEM cover ~$350 (Nissan 350z all years)

Black out / color match ~$225

Angel eye hyper white ~~ Contact for quote(Nissan 350z 2006 and up)

Angel eye color of your choice ~ Contact for quote

Angel eye color shifting ~ Contact for quote

Replace amber strip w/ clear strip ~$85 (Nissan 350z 2003-2005)

STi JDM replica clear lense mod ~$150 (Nissan 350z 2006 and up)

Cleaning / Repair outside of headlight ~$125

Projector LED color mod ~ Contact for quote

Projector LED color shifting ~ Contact for quote

Projector AND halo color shift together ~ Contact for quote

Custom airbrush ~ Contact for quote

Custom retrofiting of any vehicle ~ Contact for quote

Don't have a set of lights to ship us?

Nissan 350z 2003-2005

Used non HID ~$300

Used HID ~$450

New OEM ~Contact for price

Nissan 350z 2006 and up

Used ~$950

New OEM~ Contact for quote

Don't forget import duty and VAT

Turn around time all depends on how many orders we have going. We have many group buys going on myspace, my350z.com ebay and here.

Shipping is around $110 USD

Mod options are listed on our website but here they are again for you..

Replace headlight cover with new OEM cover ~$350 (Nissan 350z all years)

Black out / color match ~$225

Angel eye hyper white ~~ Contact for quote(Nissan 350z 2006 and up)

Angel eye color of your choice ~ Contact for quote

Angel eye color shifting ~ Contact for quote

Replace amber strip w/ clear strip ~$85 (Nissan 350z 2003-2005)

STi JDM replica clear lense mod ~$150 (Nissan 350z 2006 and up)

Cleaning / Repair outside of headlight ~$125

Projector LED color mod ~ Contact for quote

Projector LED color shifting ~ Contact for quote

Projector AND halo color shift together ~ Contact for quote

Custom airbrush ~ Contact for quote

Custom retrofiting of any vehicle ~ Contact for quote

Don't have a set of lights to ship us?

Nissan 350z 2003-2005

Used non HID ~$300

Used HID ~$450

New OEM ~Contact for price

Nissan 350z 2006 and up

Used ~$950

New OEM~ Contact for quote

• 2 weeks later...

bump!

Hello everyone. My name is Nic, as opposed to Tim that was helping you guys out before. If you look at the first post, i've made a few updates as to what we can plan to do for you. I really would like to make this work and feel that my coming to you guys rather than you shipping to me, is the best way to go. Please read the initial post again and lets see if we can get something worked out.

Email: nic@cincitydesigns.com

Phone: 1-701-440-1801

CiNcitydesigns.com forum screen name is Nic@cincity

Lets do what we can to make this happen. I'm open to suggestions and ready to make this work.

bump!

Hello everyone. My name is Nic, as opposed to Tim that was helping you guys out before. If you look at the first post, i've made a few updates as to what we can plan to do for you. I really would like to make this work and feel that my coming to you guys rather than you shipping to me, is the best way to go. Please read the initial post again and lets see if we can get something worked out.

Lets do what we can to make this happen. I'm open to suggestions and ready to make this work.

happy to help out with the space you need and most of the members know us well so may work out.

bump!

happy to help out with the space you need and most of the members know us well so may work out.

Hi Nic, welcome to the forum. Your latest plans sound far more feasible and I hope that this will allow what looks a great product to get out in greater numbers to the UK community. :thumbs:

I just wanted to add that Phil is in most people's eyes the foremost trader for the 350Z communities in the UK and extremely well respected. If you can get your heads together I think his assistance is likely to be key to getting things up and running. :)

That would be really great! Like I said, I'm ready to do this at ANY point we can put it together. I'm flying out for a group buy in the first part of July and then again towards the end of July, but for a Hot Import Nights show. Anytime before or after that would be great. Also, depending on demand, it's not like this needs to be a one shot deal. I dont have any problems coming out there more than once. I've never set foot anywhere over there, so maybe some of you guys can show me (and wife if she comes?) around and help me out. I love to travel, but don't have much time with all this light stuff I have going on.

That would be really great! Like I said, I'm ready to do this at ANY point we can put it together. I'm flying out for a group buy in the first part of July and then again towards the end of July, but for a Hot Import Nights show. Anytime before or after that would be great. Also, depending on demand, it's not like this needs to be a one shot deal. I dont have any problems coming out there more than once. I've never set foot anywhere over there, so maybe some of you guys can show me (and wife if she comes?) around and help me out. I love to travel, but don't have much time with all this light stuff I have going on.

If you stray over to Liverpool on your travels (European Capital of Culture 2008 B) ) Mrs Digsy & I would be delighted to show you and your wife the sights. :thumbs:

If you stray over to Liverpool on your travels (European Capital of Culture 2008 B) ) Mrs Digsy & I would be delighted to show you and your wife the sights. :thumbs:

Don't put the man off :surrender::lol:

:bleh: How is Sant Agata these days?

:bleh: How is Sant Agata these days?

Its very very good ;)

Well that was quick! You guys are great!!! Already had a few PMs about who to get involved with as far as an area needed to work is considered. That's a plus! Now we just need to get a list going of who can commit and when.

For pricing, that's going to depend on what type of work you guys need me to do and how long it's going to take me. I'm more than willing to make all you guys a more than fair deal in exchange for your support to make this happen. If I can get a good bit of you to commit, I'll put together a time line and a schedule of who's getting what done and when.

Who wants to start the list?? Or is that too soon yet?