GTR -Nurburgring -new time - 7mins 29 sec!

rickya

Gents

I have driven the 7 to work...twice actually. But it does not have a roof, windscreen or doors and I have to wear a suit each day....so not ideal.

But I disagree about 1 car. I used have the Zed for 3 years and also the 7 for fun. Both great cars. Now a drive a big tug boat of a BMeer but still quick enough, very comfortable and arguably far more practical for a work horse than a zed. I still thing it would not be toooo far behind a Zed on road or track.

If/when I go for a GTR I would still have a proper lightweight for fun. ! know of a caterham currently on sale with a trailer that everyone of you would enjoy as much as the zed and its on sale for £12.5k For a track would be great and if you bin it the max damage would be £12k compare to binning a GTR at £60k

Dont disagree. I think we have already decided that the lightweight track cars are undoubtebly more fun than a Zed. And that a beemer isnt much slower than a Zed in normal driving. And that a GTR is a hell of a beast in terms of weight and power. What you need to find is a nice balance. 7 is too harsh for daily driving, GTR really is too much of a beast to be a trackable car in reality, beemer just isnt sporty (sorry but its not) so the Zed is the nice balance.

When all is said, it comes down to where you place that balance. Personally I prefer to have a nice GT car that is quick and poised on the road and can also be tracked the once or twice I might make it to a track in a year. I also cant have an extra track car as I dont have the space. I would love to have an oil burner to run around in and a 7 (and very nearly did that before getting the Zed) but I dont have the space and I would be driving to work in a boring car and always feeling that if I had the Zed I would be having more fun more of the time. Its all about reaching your ideal balance :thumbs:

When all is said, it comes down to where you place that balance. Personally I prefer to have a nice GT car that is quick and poised on the road and can also be tracked the once or twice I might make it to a track in a year. I also cant have an extra track car as I dont have the space. I would love to have an oil burner to run around in and a 7 (and very nearly did that before getting the Zed) but I dont have the space and I would be driving to work in a boring car and always feeling that if I had the Zed I would be having more fun more of the time. Its all about reaching your ideal balance :thumbs:

So why havent you considered a Cossie? :tumbleweed:

maybe cause there past there sell by date - but still scare the sheit out of me :scare:

As an all in one car? It has to be comfortable and nice to live in day in day out, and my dads old Sierra certainly wasnt a patch on the Zed :surrender::lol:

It all depends what you're after though. 4 doors and room for baby seats then A Impreza/Evo has to be favourite, factor in some comfort and quality then maybe a C class AMG merc or an S4. They are comfortable cars that would put in the odd trackday.

A 911 or cayman would be very capable on track and easy to live with! As would an S2k.....

There are loads of good cars for driving everyday and capable of exiting you on the track. Many far more capable than the Zed.

It all comes down to what the individual wants. My mind won't be changed by something I read on a forum. I'm sure most are the same (well reading all the opinion threads when people bin there idea as someone doesn't like it, maybe people are easily swayed!) so we all have the things we look for in our car purchase.