Once the VX220 is gone...

coldel

987 Cayman S, gen 2 if you can stretch it. Gen 2s have a much improved engine over the earlier models although a lot of gen1s have had rebuilds and upgraded IMS bearings now. Bought mine April last year and sold in August and made about £4k even after putting 6k miles on the thing and a track day. All petrol heads need a porsche at one point I think. 

If budget is a bit less I'd have a Z4M, arguably a more "lively" engine than the Porsche but less balanced and more tail happy and is more likely to keep you on your toes when pushing on. Proper M car with a short ratio 6 speed, quick steering rack, mechanical diff and a accelerator pedal feeling like it is glued to your foot. Can still pick a nice roadster up for £16k would be my choice especially with summer coming up. 

If you want something a bit newer and with a turbo Z4 35i all day. Simple mods and a tune can have 420bhp and 600nm of torque in tap. A folding hard top, making the car feel more like a coupe and all the mod cons you need inside. Not quite as much of a drivers car due to the lack of the responsive NA engine and hydraulic steering but still a good fun and very fast car!

Edited by reeceybeaney
  • Like 1