Hi everyone I'm new on here - 2008 350z HR

Hi guys I'm new on here and in need of urgent help as i speak...

My 2008 350Z HR just gave up on its clutch pedal,the clutch pedal just dropped whilst driving,checked for fluid level and it was empty,topped it up to notice it leak under the car,I was wondering isit definitely the internal CSC or could a be a damaged hose causing the same issue ?,the clutch was replaced by Nissan at 25K miles now its just over 70kmiles on the clock,im guessing I'm okay with the oem clutch for now,its a daily by the way .Any help would be very much appreciated regarding csc fail as I've read OEM CSC are known to fail.

P.s -  I've already placed an order for Zspeed C.M.A.K V3 delete kit ,is this the way forward?

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

I just had the same problem as you. We tried master first, it was grubby so honed it out but no fix. Tried the hose next and no joy, but a new csc made it feel like a brand new car.

If you need to get the clutch working to get it somewhere, I found if it fails while driving quickly but finely pumping the pedal at the start of any resistance helps get some fluid back to the correct side of the cylinder, eventually building pressure.

On 19/06/2021 at 21:23, Azzakaze said:

Hi guys I'm new on here and in need of urgent help as i speak...

My 2008 350Z HR just gave up on its clutch pedal,the clutch pedal just dropped whilst driving,checked for fluid level and it was empty,topped it up to notice it leak under the car,I was wondering isit definitely the internal CSC or could a be a damaged hose causing the same issue ?,the clutch was replaced by Nissan at 25K miles now its just over 70kmiles on the clock,im guessing I'm okay with the oem clutch for now,its a daily by the way .Any help would be very much appreciated regarding csc fail as I've read OEM CSC are known to fail.

P.s -  I've already placed an order for Zspeed C.M.A.K V3 delete kit ,is this the way forward?

Thanks

Hi and welcome!

It is most likely the CSC as it's a known issue on the HR models, the OEM CSC has a plastic backing plate which becomes brittle and weak over time. The solutions are either the Z Speed kit which you've already said you ordered or an upgraded Heavy Duty CSC which has a metal backing plate and is a lot more reliable. 

We have the heavy duty CSC available here (in stock): https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/powertrain/ancillaries/18777-350z-hr-torqen-heavy-duty-concentric-slave-cylinder-csc-trq-vhr-csc.html

If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to let me know. 

I'd like to say thank you to everyone from the z community for welcoming me on here :)

@SH23

Unfortunetley im not able to drive it at all as the fluid leaks out from under the car while the clutch pedal stays stuck to the floor not allowing me to put it in any gear whatsoever.Really miss driving the Z, feels weird driving other cars haha

Coz@TORQEN

I'm convinced it is the CSC, its a known issue for HR's ,After much research I choose to purchase Zspeed C.M.A.K V3 delete kit which deletes internal salve and replaces it as external slave and is of much better build quality.I just hope it arrives soon ,didnt realise it was a backorder but hey as long as it sorts out the issue, it'll be worth the wait.