GTR drivers watch out if you go to court.....

steve_b

Just to make you feel better, I heard of a traffic cop who drove his vectra at 140mph on the motorway to 'test his new car's abilities' and when he took it to the workshop the mechanic noted the data on the black box. . .oops :blush:

I think when black boxes become the norm, if they aren't already, computer hackers will suddenly be as popular as Bigphil :lol:

not trying to defend anything....

Just pointing out that things can now be read that may surprise you, may be the police but suppose could be be warrenty manufacturer or insurance companies.

Not have a pop at the great GTR, its just that is banked to the hilt with electronics.

not trying to defend anything....

Just pointing out that things can now be read that may surprise you, may be the police but suppose could be be warrenty manufacturer or insurance companies.

Not have a pop at the great GTR, its just that is banked to the hilt with electronics.

sorry mate, not having a go at you, just the idiot driver

with all the fancy electronics in the new GTR you might get stung if things go wrong as per http://www.birminghammail.net/news/blac ... -20706873/

If you overtake at 70mph in a 30 limit you deserve everything you get and if "fancy electronics" take bloody idiots like this youth off the road bring them on I say.

Just wondering where it says he was overtaking in a 30mph zone or that he was a ''youth''? :headhurt::blush:

i dont find that annoying at all...if the law is broken and the electronics in the car is used as evidence.....i guess you pay the price...

if you are going to break the law...dont get caught!...lol or have an accident.

with all the fancy electronics in the new GTR you might get stung if things go wrong as per http://www.birminghammail.net/news/blac ... -20706873/

If you overtake at 70mph in a 30 limit you deserve everything you get and if "fancy electronics" take bloody idiots like this youth off the road bring them on I say.

Just wondering where it says he was overtaking in a 30mph zone or that he was a ''youth''? :headhurt::blush:

He was 21 and driving his mothers car instead of his own A3. He hit an oncoming car and pushed it backwards for 14 metres, sandwiching it against a following car. So the words 'youth' and 'overtaking' did apply in this case.

Here was another article on the same day:

A TYCOON’S son jailed yesterday for causing a crash which left a baby girl with “catastrophicâ€

Here:

THE son of a multimillionaire Birmingham couple has been jailed for nearly two years for causing a head-on car crash that left a baby with horrific injuries.

Antonio Boparan (21), of Shivalika House, Roman Lane, Little Aston, 19 at the time, was driving his mother’s powerful Range Rover Sport in Streetly Lane, Sutton Coldfield, on November 11, 2006, when the accident happened.

Recorder of Birmingham Judge Frank Chapman said he had shown "an arrogant disregard for other people’s safety" but told him that he would be released on licence, half-way through the 21-month sentence.

Boparan, who had had his licence for only six months, was speeding at more than 70mph and overtaking on a 30mph B road.

Here:

THE son of a multimillionaire Birmingham couple has been jailed for nearly two years for causing a head-on car crash that left a baby with horrific injuries.

Antonio Boparan (21), of Shivalika House, Roman Lane, Little Aston, 19 at the time, was driving his mother’s powerful Range Rover Sport in Streetly Lane, Sutton Coldfield, on November 11, 2006, when the accident happened.

Recorder of Birmingham Judge Frank Chapman said he had shown "an arrogant disregard for other people’s safety" but told him that he would be released on licence, half-way through the 21-month sentence.

Boparan, who had had his licence for only six months, was speeding at more than 70mph and overtaking on a 30mph B road.

Fair enough but none of that info was in the initial link :thumbs:

Here:

Fair enough but none of that info was in the initial link :thumbs:

Agreed, I got the info from the related links on the web page.

It would not surprise me is there was similar technology in the likes of the 350z etc. More of a everyone beware than a specific car.

That said - if you are being stupid then you deserve to get done for it so IMO fair play. They are only going to go to these extremes if you have done something stupid and cause someone real damage

agreed he does deserve what he got if not more punishment.

I just did not think anyone on here would be that way inclined so I was just saying that we should all think of these things before doing something stupid with speed.

PS did anyone see the 350z getting pulled on Sky TV last night, the cops thought he got upset since he saw in their words a BETTER car (fezza) hence why he sped off. Chap was very lucky, think the reg was GY03 something but not sure exactly what it was.

PS did anyone see the 350z getting pulled on Sky TV last night, the cops thought he got upset since he saw in their words a BETTER car (fezza) hence why he sped off. Chap was very lucky, think the reg was GY03 something but not sure exactly what it was.

Yeah I've seen that before :blush::lol: