Need Some Advice Buying A 370Z

Luaspo

Hi Alll,

I hope you're well. I'm new here and wanted to get some advice on a potential zed I will be buying.

The car in question can be viewed here, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-370Z-GT-Ultimate-2009-Low-Miles-FSH-VGC-99p-START-NO-RESERVE-/184814702729?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=DQ3tGcydZOTcOTmKn%2FPQ%2FIVX%2FSE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc .

It's a 2009 370z GT Ultimate Edition with 67,228 and FSH. The car sold recently on eBay for £8,900 without a reserve, but I missed the auction. I messaged him to see if it had sold and he told me that the buyer pulled out and I could make an offer for it.

It wasn't until I did a free MOT check on the car that I saw it had advisories for corrosion on the Front exhaust section and Rear exhaust clamps, which have broken away (but exhaust still secure). It also needs two new rear tyres as they're on the limit, but that's no Biggy.

I have attached photos of the undercarriage below. Please let me know if this is normal wear and tear for a 2009 370z, or if there is clearly a major problem that I should stay well clear of. If the general consensus is OK, I will go ahead and organise a RAC vehicle inspection prior to purchase to cover all basis's.

I cannot find any other 370z's for under £10k, so if I could secure this Ultimate Edition it would be a real bargain. Part of me though, can not help wondering if there's a reason for it.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 19.42.09 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 19.42.09.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 19.41.51 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-12 at 19.41.51.jpeg

Hi,

Yes that seems totally normal to be honest. The price is a good buy for anyone wanting a 370Z. Check to see if the oil galley gaskets have been replaced also. If not factor another £800 ish for that job. But yes seems a good deal especially if you can get it a bit cheaper...

11 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi,

Yes that seems totally normal to be honest. The price is a good buy for anyone wanting a 370Z. Check to see if the oil galley gaskets have been replaced also. If not factor another £800 ish for that job. But yes seems a good deal especially if you can get it a bit cheaper...

Thanks for the feedback, that's good to note. I will think about getting a vehicle inspection then.

Edited by Luaspo

Rust seems about right for a 12 year old car that's spend a lot of time outside. Part and parcel of it all, you'll want to check the rear arches, lots of crap gets in there and I think that'll be the first place it'll start to rust in a few years. 

Good luck with your hunt! 

2 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi matey and welcome from Bristol there are several 370z s on eBay for less then 10k 😁

Thanks mate! Yup I see that, but I'm quite picky. I'm after a hardtop, manual with low - average mileage. Also this one has a Cobra exhaust too and the GT Ultimate 370z with the orange seats and upgraded interior 😎

Edited by Luaspo

• Stutopia changed the title to Need Some Advice Buying A 370Z