Jump to content

08 HR clutch/cylinder issues


Recommended Posts

I was wondering what a rough estimate for hdev work to do a 350z clutch is? Website says £330 approx. including flywheel but I assume this is just labour? I expect a big bill from anyone for that kind of job.

 

Basically, put my 08 HR in reverse yesterday and the pedal is stuck down, the car stalled and I have no pedal. Reservoir is full. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Umster said:

Morning buddy, 

 

You've done the right thing checking the website for prices - https://h-dev.co.uk/our-services/servicing-and-maintenance/

 

Jez and his team aren't as active on here, but they do have a landline and mobile/WhatsApp that they are active on. Really recommend their work, but you'll have to get in touch directly with em. 

Thank you! I left a voicemail this morning with their landline, but I wondered if they'll be taking the bank holiday weekend off.

I'll see what comes of the voicemail! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect to pay circa £300.00 labour and circa £1200.00 for a decent clutch/fly kit with the uprated CSC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Expect to pay circa £300.00 labour and circa £1200.00 for a decent clutch/fly kit with the uprated CSC.

Eye watering but I knew it was needing dome eventually.. just didn't expect it to be within the first 2 weeks of owning it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SH23 said:

Eye watering but I knew it was needing dome eventually.. just didn't expect it to be within the first 2 weeks of owning it!

 

Unfortunately this is one of the known faults with the HR gearbox, and the gallery gaskets for the engine. I don't mean this horribly but I assume you did your research before buying? 

 

While at HDEV I'd get your oil pressure checked as this known fault effects most HRs. More good news is that job alone will cost you circa 900 quid

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

 

Unfortunately this is one of the known faults with the HR gearbox, and the gallery gaskets for the engine. I don't mean this horribly but I assume you did your research before buying? 

 

While at HDEV I'd get your oil pressure checked as this known fault effects most HRs. More good news is that job alone will cost you circa 900 quid

I did yes, and I knew the clutch was on its way so was anticipating it eventually. The oil pressure is good when driving as far as I can see when I look, sits at about 60ish driving normally, lowest it goes is 45ish when I'm cruising and very light on throttle at 60mph in 5th, sits about 10 to 15 when warm at idle. I'll ask them to check it that's a good point though.

 

I knew these weren't cheap to maintain when I started looking, and as much as it sucks I intend to have the car a long time so am prepared to do what it needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SH23 said:

I did yes, and I knew the clutch was on its way so was anticipating it eventually. The oil pressure is good when driving as far as I can see when I look, sits at about 60ish driving normally, lowest it goes is 45ish when I'm cruising and very light on throttle at 60mph in 5th, sits about 10 to 15 when warm at idle. I'll ask them to check it that's a good point though.

 

I knew these weren't cheap to maintain when I started looking, and as much as it sucks I intend to have the car a long time so am prepared to do what it needs.

 

Some may disagree but to me, I hate to say it but that warm idle is too low. Nissan state that 15psi is minimum warm idle, so I'd strongly recommend getting it checked. 

 

Years back buddy of mine bought a HR with 34k miles on the clock. We knew the gaskets needed doing, and when done by Abbey Motorsport the results were night and day different. He never saw below 30psi at idle even after a blast. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...