Has my stock cat been extended? HELP PLEASE!

vroom811

Hi all,   Your help here is greatly appreciated.   Have replaced my stock cats with Torqen HFCs but the Y-Pipe now fouls on the transmission brace.  The Y-Pipe is an aftermarket stainless steel one (no idea of brand).  Have my stock cats been extended at the end?  Is the Y-Pipe incorrect?  Torqen assure me the HFCs are correct. 652951461_fitmentissues.png.ca0c6d40f19fa3f0676411220522ed90.png

IMG_0492.JPG

stock cats length.jpg

exhaust touching.png

Edited by vroom811

@SHEZZA Cheers mate. 

Its a strange one.  I can only assume the pervious owner bougth a cheap Y-Pipe and it didn't fit.  The exhaust fitter must have extended the cats as it's easier to weld mild steel than stainless?

Edited by vroom811
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vroom811 said:

Here's a close up pic of the stock cats.  The weld looks too messy to be from the factory so they've been extended to fit the Y-Pipe?

cats weld.jpg

Definitely looks like it has been extended. Time to find a Y pipe. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SHEZZA said:

Looking at stock cats on eBay for sale I can’t believe how much there going for ! Is this a wind up ? I’ve been holding onto mine but seriously considering selling them if you can get £600 plus for them :scare:

I got £570 for mine the other day. B)