Dyno Data

ALT

I put the Zed on a dyno today. 254ps max power and 331NM max torque at the flywheel. I think these figures are in line with what others have measured?

Question 1. Why don't these values match the manufacturers claims (280ps and 363NM in my case)?

Question 2. Is there any way (without adding non standard parts) to get the figures back where Nissan say they should be?

Thanks very much to Crazy Horses Racing in Borehamwood. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

The fly. As stated in the first post.

:blush::headhurt:

dyno's are not really very accurate, they way they are calibrated, the temp and humidity of the enviroment etc etc too many variables, i've only ever used them on forum days or to diagnose problems

use some 98ron like shell v-power or bp ultimate. The engine is timed for a higher ron fuel but will work fine on the cheap stuff :blush:

I wouldn't use the cheap stuff (i.e 95 ron). I've been usng the ESSO 97ron, as that is the best they sell at my local petrol station. Would moving to 98 make a big difference? I know Tesco sell 99ron fuel, but I tend to aviod supermarkets. Anyone think Tesco is a good option?

dyno's are not really very accurate, they way they are calibrated, the temp and humidity of the enviroment etc etc too many variables, i've only ever used them on forum days or to diagnose problems

I agree. I was doing it mainly to check for any problems, but the data looks fine.

I always look for Tesco now as you get something back... Dont get much from the others apart from the free little cars at Shell!!

Will use BP Ultimate and Shell Optimax as have had decent MPG and performance from both of them....

Anyone tried the BP Ultimate 102 yet?