Trip to Revolve Automotive

Stutopia

Regular readers will know I like to get my hands dirty when it comes to keeping my cars clean, but sometimes a job needs indoor space and professional skills, way beyond my own. Older members will know @Ricey struck out to follow his passion a few years ago and I have been watching his work from afar on here and Faceballz ever since. After letting him practice on lesser marques like Maserati, Aston Martin and Ferrari, I've been looking forward to having the right job to send his way.

I wasn't expecting perfect paint on a 6 year old black car, but one of my first visits to the petrol station revealed just how bad things were.

NhfKJgD.jpg

As well as correcting this horror show, I also booked in to have some protection applied and a "little" job that's been on my list for a while. I've never really liked the black badges, I know it's part of the whole GTS thing, but I personally think badges need a contrast. Black letters on other colours looks great, but on black, it doesn't work for me. So, I secured some genuine Porsche parts and then expertly gave them to Paul to sort out :)

First the easy bit.

CzLmS0y.jpg

Then the template.

Pu0iEUx.jpg

All done.

LyWCTrr.jpg

I'm super pleased with the result. I know chrome is not for everyone, but it is literally the only non-black part of the whole car, so I think it's not too bling. The spacing and alignment are absolutely spot on.

Onto the paint. As you can see, he had his work cut out.

4gCCrAq.jpg

But he was more than match for the hard Porsche paint. Two stages of correction has given it a beautiful depth, removed all the minor marks and a lot of the big ones too. Where they've not been eliminated, they've been softened so much as to make them almost unnoticeable.

xC4RMD3.jpg

rQKw7vU.jpg

fLVezIY.jpg

Also the wheels came off for some love and protection on them and the callipers too.

hcne1ke.jpg

He even cleansed the leather and alcantara, leaving a layer of protection inside and a little signature.

yUH6toc.jpg

He also stocked me up on the good stuff from Envy. I am a big fan of all the Envy products I have used to date, not tried Iron Awe yet so looking forward to that.

8pPJdXV.jpg

I also left with some SC-MIST to keep the ceramic protection topped up. You see, as well as making her look almost perfect, Paul's done his best to lock it in with a couple of layers of Envy Futureproof+. I'm impressed just by the gloss and I hope I'll be the same for many months to come, perhaps even years.

After all that, now for the glamour. She came up alright.

V2qYyxa.jpg

07QdsN3.jpg

IVS3mGS.jpg

Looking ever better outside, in the sunshine.

YGFdYKu.jpg

2ZDa7PS.jpg

iU2S8WC.jpg

S50l3C9.jpg

U3BQZjI.jpg

As you can imagine, I'm absolutely delighted with the outcome. From following Revolve Automotive on Facebook for years, I had really high expectations but Paul's manage to surpass them with his skill. It's almost a different colour, much more like the 'Jet' black that Porsche call this shade. On top of doing amazing work on the car, the process of booking in, discussing what work was needed, talking through options for coatings, agreeing a price and even throwing in a charming courtesy car - the whole service was superb and I'm really, really pleased. If you want to do something special for your pride & joy, I can't think of much better - I think it even goes a bit quicker.

http://www.revolveautomotiveltd.com

• Like 6

Awesome work, as usual. @Ricey did okay with his small part in it too. ;)

I have to admit I wasn't taken by the new badging in the first picture in isolation, but the wider shot of the whole rear end actually pulls it off very nicely. Good choice.

Also love the indoors shots of the bonnet... the frunk... the froot... that bit panel at the front between the wings. That bit. Increadible results.

35 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Awesome work, as usual. @Ricey did okay with his small part in it too. ;)

I have to admit I wasn't taken by the new badging in the first picture in isolation, but the wider shot of the whole rear end actually pulls it off very nicely. Good choice.

Also love the indoors shots of the bonnet... the frunk... the froot... that bit panel at the front between the wings. That bit. Increadible results.

I won’t lie. Although the inspiration on the badges and driving it there and back was all me, Ricey did contribute a respectable chunk of the overall work, so he does deserve his fair share of the glory :lol:

The reflections are out of this world. I’ll be getting the proper camera out soon and finding a glamorous, isolated Yorkshire location to do his work justice sometime soon.