Best bolt ons.

MONKEYSOCKS

Hi guys, I appreciate that this is a topic that's been done to death but I have a 350z 05 anniversary model (revup) and use the car for road use only. Going with tdx2 exhaust, art pipes, 5/16 plenum, mrev2 plenum before the uprev. I'm not expecting anything really in gains as I know unless you're going Fi then then that's the best route for gains, just can't afford that. What I don't want to do though after spending the money on those mods is actually lose power?! Which I've heard has happened to people. So basically just getting the general consensus that these mods shouldn't effect the car in a negative way?

Sounds like a good setup, the only other thing I'd reccomend is a decent drop in air filter (HKS, K&N, Cosworth etc) if you haven't already got one. 

That's as far as you can go really without thinking about engine internals or FI, both of which as you've already mentioned are big money.

As long as you get the remap done soon after all the mods are fitted there shouldn't be any negative effects at all, other than your car won't pass an MOT obviously. 

If everything is stock at the moment you should see a nice power increase. :drive1

Edited by Jack94

currently I still have a DMF as I don't like the chatter from a solid flywheel. On a previous car with an SR20DE it had full bolt on's with lightweight flywheel and crank pulley and the pulley gave no adverse effect. However at a guess on track it would reduce engine braking into bends.

• 10 months later...