Things about my Zed i'm not so keen on...

Cool Hand Luke

Not keen on that stupid ECU that thinks it knows best but if it is minor gripes we are talking about...

Headlight switch is annoying as a quick flick of the indicator stalk can switch your lights back to sidelights or sidelights to main.

Ventilation can be draughty when on auto, rather than unobtrusive.

In-car noise when on concrete roads - but that's a Z 'thing' I guess.

The lack of a cabin filter so in a queue behind a stinky exhaust gives you a full face-full of muck (even sub £10K cars have cabin filters!).

RH dial with the clock/trip computer etc has a tacky display. I know its a legacy Z thing but I would rather have an oil temp or proper analogue clock. Who the hell uses a stopwatch FFS. Plus I was sick and tired of ICY being flashed up all the time. I know it's damn cold, I was just standing in it before I got into the car!!!

Oh, and Lady Pardon. Don't even start me on that thing. I may as well not bother having a phone because I can't get her to call anyone half the time and no-one can hear what I say if I do! Looks like it back to an ear slug for me and I don't like wearing those things. I look like some BMW owning power-exec :yuck:

Other than that its a fab car :teeth:

Not happy with one of my tail pipes coking up considerably more than the other (dual system), and giving the rear bumper a nice darkish tinge near the pipe if I leave it too long :dry:

Need to get the tail pipes to stick out further (at the moment they are flush with the bodywork) and investigate why one is coking more than the other.

I have to say everything inside the car's cabin could be better.....

The trim on the doors and the dash is horrible and plasticy.

The switches are nasty.

It rattles.

Road noise is bad.

The phone kit is really bad.

The electric seats are only OK, they could do with lumbar support and the height adjustable element is not adjustable enough.

Stuff shouldn't be able to travel from the boot into the cabin area... thats plain wrong.

The ashtray in the centre console is crap and rattles.

Why isn't there a standard glove box???

The handbrake is about as good as a small child holding your car with one hand.

The sun can shine through the gap between the rear view mirror and the roof of the car... could do with an Audi style mini sun visor.

The sunglasses holder won't hold any of my sunglasses (Oakley, Armani or Ralph Lauren).

The Bose stereo is not very good.

The trip computer buttons do not have a positive feel and are in an awkward place.

There isn't quite enough room to hang your suit jacket behind your seat if you've got long legs.

Still one of the best cars I've owned though :thumbs::)

Its a moaning thread... I'm just trying to fit in :blush:

Yep, it's a moany thread, that's the point of it, you go for it mate ;)

I forgot about the Lumbar support, yes, that is a pain. I`m tall and the seat tends to round my shoulders a little. A lumbar would cure that.

2 things annoy me

1 - I want a clock and the digital speedo

2 - One shot passanger window please!!

Other than that I'd put up with anything else for the price ;)

+1 to point one you've raised there - one of the first things i noticed in the car - seemed to have forgotten about it though till you mentioned it! :wacko:

No problem at all. The guide is excellent. Removing the gearknob is the trickiest bit. You MUST support the shaft (ohhh err) and twist the knob. You could snap it if you don't! Even that isn't difficult, just important!

Much better than std. :teeth: