350zDE squeeky belts.. Can i do it myself?

vq35de.sam

So i own a 2004 350z de.

One or 2 of the belts are squeeking on start up, especially if i turn on the air con, but goes away after about 30 seconds.. so what belt/belts need replacing? And can i do it myself? Last resort is send it to the garage but it would be great if i can do the job myself.. 

Thanks in advance. 

Sam

Yes, it is a DIY if you are handy with the spanners.

Once you drop the undertray it is fairly straight forward.

Uprated belts are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex.  :)

• Like 1

You can get both belts from one of the traders on here (Torqen, Tarmacsportz etc) or from any Nissan dealership for about the same price (£40).

They're dead easy to change- jack the front of the car up, remove the engine undertray, slacken the bolt for each tentioner, remove the belts, fit new ones, tighten tensioner bolts, re-fit undertray, job done :thumbs:

• Like 1

I can just manage to get to them from the top. Using ratchet spanners help a lot. Remember that as the bolt is upside down, you'll loosen the way you'd normally tighten, if you go from above. Just don't forget to loosen the bolt in the centre of each pulley first, IIRC they're 12 or 14mm.

• Like 1