advice, opinions - ebay

GIXXERUK

i bought a phone off ebay and its blocked :rant: i have sent the seller this email and await his reply

any advice on how to deal with this ? i'm £200+ out of pocket for a duff phone :angry:

"Hi

I recently bought the black N95 off you, i have taken it to a shop to get it unlocked and they have told me the phone has been blocked by the network, i would like a refund for this item

I will take this up with the network, ebay and paypal if i dont hear back of you, as you would imagine i am not happy about this as it suggests you have fraudulently claimed against your phone supplier and sold the phone on knowing it is useless OR you have been duped by someone and sold the phone on unknowingly ? i would rather this was resolved without involving the small claims if possible

Paul"

I have had a problem in the past with an item purchased on Ebay, where the item was never sent out by an American seller took about a month to resolve but got my money back from Ebay... :)

then about 3 weeks later the item arrived on my doorstep :lol::blush:

Is it illegal to sell blocked phones? Might also be worth mentioning it to the police.

+1

The seller wasnt sarnie was it, he'd do something dodgy like that :lol::blush:

it was :thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEAFB:IT

You've left him positive feedback :scare:

all received ok and worked fine, just thought it needed unlocking :headhurt:

i realise now i was rather hasty :surrender:

would this make any difference if i have to claim ?

Is it illegal to sell blocked phones? Might also be worth mentioning it to the police.

+1

No it wont matter one jot :thumbs:

+1

No it wont matter one jot :thumbs:

:sweat: phew ! thought i was going to have to get the screen wipes out :surrender:

sellers reply.........

Hi. Im sorry you have a problem with the phone and I will do all I can to solve it.I used the phone and it worked fine for me so I am unsure what has happened.But you must understand the item was sold to you a month ago and I have no control over what has happend to it in that period.If I have to refund you then I will do so willingly. but I will first contact EBay and see what both our positions are regarding this matter. I will send a copy of this message and your query to EBay. so please be patient.

I would be greatfull if you would reply to this message and let me know if you are happy dealing with it in this manner.

Best Regards Tony

Sarnie sold me a phone and was perfect apart from a pic of a lambo on it, sorry but that had to go straight away.

thanks again for the phone sarnie still going but did not give me the signal strength display, but that is my problem not yours as I asked for the phone.

Paul,

Can the network not tell you when it was locked and why. That way you should be able to prove it was done before he sold it and then you should get your money back.If it was after he sold it tell the network to unlock it as you have not used it or reported it stolen so they should unlock for free.

+1

Sarnie sold me a phone and was perfect apart from a pic of a lambo on it, sorry but that had to go straight away.

thanks again for the phone sarnie still going but did not give me the signal strength display, but that is my problem not yours as I asked for the phone.

Paul,

Can the network not tell you when it was locked and why. That way you should be able to prove it was done before he sold it and then you should get your money back.If it was after he sold it tell the network to unlock it as you have not used it or reported it stolen so they should unlock for free.

+1

i'll try that steve but i imagine the network will not give me any details :headhurt: