Thinking of selling up - whats a 105k HR worth?

Kryptek49

I've only owned the car for just over a year, but I'm seriously considering selling up as it's not a cheap car to run! I've recently bought a new motorbike and I don't need both at the same time unfortunately, I love the car but think the sensible option is to sell.  My plan is to sell it and then buy a cheap VW golf as a winter run about while the bike is garaged.

Does anyone mind giving me a rough valuation for the car? I bought it on 94k miles for £8,150 in July 2018. 

It's a 57 plate HR with 105k on the clock.  Generally in decent condition, engine and gearbox still running perfectly.  4 new MPS4 fitted around 2 months ago, diff & gearbox fluids changed within the last 1,000 miles.  Oil changed every 5k.  I also paid £350 last month to get the rear arch rust sorted.  Front end has the general stone chips.

Mods are as follows:

RJM Clutch pedal

Torqen HFC

Cobra backbox

Miltek Y Pipe

Uprev remapped (298hp at the wheels - very healthy figure, done at Abbey Motorsports)

Gallery gaskets replaced by Abbey motorsports

HKS air filters

I've also upgraded the audio system and installed a new head unit but will probably put it back to stock before I sell.  Unsure if the HFC's will stay on the car or not, probably depends on if it fails MOT on emissions next month.

If you're interested please drop me a message, I'll post up this week probably with a for sale ad.

Thanks all

Edited by Kryptek49
Accidentaly put 298bhp, it's actually 298whp
  • Like 1

While I was seeking my own Z just this past couple of weeks, I put all the details of all the cars for sale into a spreadsheet, and graphed price against mileage:

1764547766_Pricevs.Mileagefor350ZHRCoupesadvertisedSept2019.png.394c3fdd1c6fa798b1624cad77c0fae8.png

According to the graph, the 'typical' asking price for an HR Coupe with 105k miles would be approx £6,750.  However this is just a simple straight-line fit to one single parameter, mileage, so please don't treat this as gospel!  But the dots on the graph show what other cars are up for.

Other relevant factors might be whether it is GT spec or not, and what sort of documented service history it has?  I assume you have the standard Rays wheels.

I can't really say if the mods make it worth more; personally I was looking for a stock car to keep insurance simple, but I recognise that the mods you have are generally considered the ones to go for to increase enjoyment.

I might be inclined to put it up for £7500 on the basis that it's got new tyres, gallery gasket done, and some nice mods; and see what interest you get.  Don't let me stop you putting it up for more, though !

• Like 1

One thing you could do you obviously like powerfull cars hense why you have a 350z depending on your budget get a golf R very practical, awd quick, eventually get The Revo tune quick as hell fuel is better road tax is cheaper compared to the HR at £570. Its Just a thought. Although there's loads of golf r on the road, and it's a boring car to look at. And doesnt have a thumping v6 OK the R32 did but not on about that one. My Mrs sold her merc c63 that was a expensive beast although alot of fun.

51 minutes ago, Samoht said:

I might be inclined to put it up for £7500 on the basis that it's got new tyres, gallery gasket done, and some nice mods; and see what interest you get.  Don't let me stop you putting it up for more, though !

Thanks for that, very helpful - you really do your research! Car is a GT pack, yes with rays which could use a refurb.  Overall it's a good car, hopefully people aren't put off by the higher mileage!

42 minutes ago, Hrma said:

One thing you could do you obviously like powerfull cars hense why you have a 350z depending on your budget get a golf R very practical, awd quick, eventually get The Revo tune quick as hell fuel is better road tax is cheaper compared to the HR at £570. Its Just a thought. Although there's loads of golf r on the road, and it's a boring car to look at. And doesnt have a thumping v6 OK the R32 did but not on about that one. My Mrs sold her merc c63 that was a expensive beast although alot of fun.

Out of my budget unfortunately! Zeds aren't anywhere near type R's in price

• Like 1

Hmm, this sounds familiar :lol: Although, what's this crazy idea about replacing it with something that costs _less_ than you sell it for?

FWIW, I got offered £4k part ex on mine ('08 revUp GT 84k) so based on that, private sale is definitely the way to go.

10 minutes ago, Ben–350Z said:

Hmm, this sounds familiar :lol: Although, what's this crazy idea about replacing it with something that costs _less_ than you sell it for?

FWIW, I got offered £4k part ex on mine ('08 revUp GT 84k) so based on that, private sale is definitely the way to go.

Haha it really does, I love the car but it's just not worth it for me right now.  In a couple of years I'll probably come back to sports cars though.

4k is definitely to low for yours, are you thinking of selling it then or just going for a second car? 

I think I'll list mine for 7.5k and see how it goes.  I've put a lot of money into it but I know you don't see much of that back when you try and sell.

I'm definitely going for something a lot cheaper, in the sub £2k range probably.  I'm not to fussed what I get just need something that's a cheap runabout over winter.

• Like 1

Pretty much the same feeling as me then. It's great when I'm driving it, but not when I have to shove another £90 of petrol in for only 300 miles or so.

Really, the second car isn't an option for me - just nowhere to keep it. And I'd like to move closer into town, so that's even less likely that I'd have space. But that would make it possible to walk / cycle to work, so the whole car running cost mostly goes away. And gets replaced by bigger rent / mortgage.

11 hours ago, AMT said:

Not so sure about private but I traded my 58' with 103K HR and got £6500 for it I think it was.  (to a dealer)

7.5 is probably fair for a private sale then, considering brand new tyres and other bits.  For sale post is up pending approval :(

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck! Hopefully you get what you want for it.  I have noticed the Z's are starting to take a dip and becoming quite low for the shove they put out. I miss mine every day the now with the current little (horrid) hatch I'm driving... wish I knew who had it! I just know the last private dealer down south that sold it. (from randomly finding it on AutoTrader a while back :lol: )