Blackstar

Budget stainless back box and mid pipe

I need a new back box and mid pipe pretty soon.

I am looking to go stainless to slow down corrosion problems, but I do not really want anything louder than standard if possible.

I was looking at this from Toyosports, if anyone can advise how loud it is an if it fits OK: https://www.toyosports.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhaust-system-for-nissan-350z--skyline-infinity-g35-1741-p.asp

I'd consider an entire new exhaust system in stainless if there is one reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Blackstar

I have the same exhaust and think it's very good for the price. Some can fit with no issues and others require adjusting, this is due to the lack of quality control before leaving the factory I guess. I've had to bend my middle hanger, which takes a few minutes to do with a couple of big spanners interlocked. Mines been on the car for over 4yrs without any issues. 

This is a clip of mine as a drive by *I'm at the back of the field initially, @3:03 it sounds mega!! 

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

Hi, my mechanic says in order to fit the Toyosports one he has had to remove a plastic guard off the diff, or it would have melted? Anyone else have this problem?

On 08/10/2019 at 10:33, Blackstar said:

Hi, my mechanic says in order to fit the Toyosports one he has had to remove a plastic guard off the diff, or it would have melted? Anyone else have this problem?

Nope,

I've got TORQEN decats, Toyosport Y pipe, Midpipe and Backbox. No fitment issues with mine at all. I think it sounds pretty good.