Kerbed Rays

Ebized

Guilty! :blush: although a little while back I did have to take avoiding action as a pedestrian stepped out without looking and I quite badly damaged the front nearside.

Time for repair. When I bought my previous ZED with the standard alloys all fours wheels were skimmed around the outer edge giving a bright lip and for the 18 months I had the car I had no problems with deterioation and kerb 'nicks' were easily removed by careful rubbing down to get the pristine lip back into top condition.

With the Rays they are a bit more a challenge but I decided to use the same wheel repairer. Great guy - Kevin Corbett who hails from Ireland who races bikes (Ducati's last year but now Japanese bikes to keep costs down) and he loves ZEDs into the bargain. His carries in his van the equipment to do the work, and there is a spray booth. In my case the wheels come off and to get the fantastic finish so I now have Rays with a bright lip - all 4 done for consistencey for a little over a ton in about an hour and I am well pleased.

Heres some pics:

P1030315.jpg

close up of the polished lip:

P1030313.jpg

and one of the rear wheels:

P1030314.jpg

I'm happy :D

If anyone wants to contact Kevin send me a pm for his phone number. No website on his card - gets all his work by recommendation.

What's on the tyres?

Grecian 2000 :p

No idea really - the wheel restorer sparyed some liquid stuff on after putting the wheels back on the car. I use Autoglym Tyre dressing normally - much less shiney. :thumbs:

• 1 year later...