Interior space

Leeroy

Ahhhh, TILT! Don't think I found that :oops: all may not be lost :)

I planned to try non GT's with manual seats this weekend but I'll try another GT and play with the tilt - where's the control?

I assume all GT's came with leccy leather seats?

Cheers y'all....

The tilt only moves the front of the seat up and down and nothing more. I dont think it will give you any extra headroom, just a little more room around the steering wheel for your knees. I have mine down all the time and I'm only short. TBH your best bet is the non GT seat :)

The tilt only moves the front of the seat up and down and nothing more. I dont think it will give you any extra headroom, just a little more room around the steering wheel for your knees. I have mine down all the time and I'm only short. TBH your best bet is the non GT seat :)

chris ? there are two adjusters, one tilts the front of the seat, the other tilts the rear of the seat up and down :thumbs:

I'm pleased to say I had a test-drive in a Zed today with non leccy seats and I fit :thumbs::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I have to say the power didn't blow me away although it's definitely quick.

I'm not concerned as I've read on here that it's just down to the ease with which the car effortlessly piles on (A LOT :lol: ) of speed.

It seemed overpriced though at £16,899 for an 04 plate non GT?

I'm definitely getting one, but really wanted the GT pack - is putting manual cloth seats in a GT a bit ghey? Would the interior look stupid if I left the door cards? Noob question as I have been in one but are the 'cards even leather in a GT?

The car I tried today had gold Brembo's - are these standard on a non GT?

Sorry for all the questions,

Cheers :)

I'm pleased to say I had a test-drive in a Zed today with non leccy seats and I fit :thumbs::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I have to say the power didn't blow me away although it's definitely quick.

I'm not concerned as I've read on here that it's just down to the ease with which the car effortlessly piles on (A LOT :lol: ) of speed.

It seemed overpriced though at £16,899 for an 04 plate non GT?

I'm definitely getting one, but really wanted the GT pack - is putting manual cloth seats in a GT a bit ghey? Would the interior look stupid if I left the door cards? Noob question as I have been in one but are the 'cards even leather in a GT?

The car I tried today had gold Brembo's - are these standard on a non GT?

Sorry for all the questions,

Cheers :)

Waaaay overpriced imo. sl114 sold an 04 non GT for less than that aaaages ago.

Get the GT pack if you want a quicker resale.

Manual Cloth seats in a GT: fgay.gif

Door cards are not leather in either model.

Brembo's are standard on all UK cars :thumbs:

You could put manual cloth seats in a GT but you'd have to swap them when selling. If you got the manual seats covered in leather then you could sell them on after or sell the car to another BFG!

Thanks for the advice :)

I can't believe a car supermarket are charging that sort of money, even with low mileage. The salesman was entertaining tho, they spout such tripe :lol:

I was intending to swap the seats back to leather when I sell it, would it be a straight swap leccy to manual seats, ie runners/fixing points etc?

It bothers me a bit that if I get a non GT it might be difficult to shift on, just have to make sure I get a good value one :)

With a bit of luck I'll be in a Z within a couple of months :yahoo:

A quick bump......

I totally agree that putting cloth seats in a GT is a bit retarded but it's the only way I can think of fitting into a GT spec car. From what I've heard they won't look too mismatched and I intend to remove them and put the leather seats back in when I sell.

It's all a big ball-ache but I reckon it'll be worth it to get the car I want (badly!).

So, any fitting advice for replacing leccy seats for manual ones?

Cheers,

Leigh.

Sorry for the repeated bumpage :)

I need to make a decision regarding potentially modifying the 350Z seating. I have two options:

1) Buy a non-GT with seats that fit me. Nice and easy but I'd like the GT toys, so.......

2) Buy a GT and swap electric seats to non-electric manual ones.

Am I right in thinking that I would need to swap the mounting frames as well as the seats themselves?

I looked into Bride seats but can't afford the outlay :(

I'm hoping to pick up standard 350Z seats from a breaker or similar.

Thanks in advance,

Leigh.

Leeroy... im new to this myself... but from shopping around recently i have seen plent of imports with all the gt stuff like brembos and bose with cloth seats. The Uk roles the spec up into the GT version, but the imports are sold with everything as another option from what i have seen.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

p.s. im 6.3 and seem to fit fine too.

6-4 here, and I fitted ok,

I took the leather out of a GT4, what does that make me ?

I put in Recaro's, much nicer place to sit, better support and grip when spirited driving takes over, and lighter than the stock seats......

Did I mention they are for sale................. :blush:

Ian.

I personally think you should just by a 350z (non GT even though it is not called that) and leather the seats, that way you get a cheaper car, better and lower leather seats. Downfall is you will not get the cruise control or bose, but who cares about that anyway. :thumbs:

I took the leather out of a GT4, what does that make me ?

quote]

I reckon I like your style TT2Z ;):lol:

Did you rip out electric seats for manual recaros? Did you need to replace the base frames?

Agreed sl114. The '350Z that's not a GT' is the easiest way forward and what I want is the handling and that engine above all else, but as the GT's aren't all that much more expensive it'd be nice to have the extras.

I'm so bl**dy bored talking about seats :lol:

Just trying to get all the info I can so I can make a quick decision when the right car turns up B)

I reckon I like your style TT2Z ;):lol:

Did you rip out electric seats for manual recaros? Did you need to replace the base frames?

I did take out the electric leather seats, and replaced with manual Recaro's.

Yes I bought some very expensive sub-frames from Recaro, but it was a breeze to swap the seats over.

Ian.

normal_SEATS_%289%29_%28Small%29.JPG

I have a non Gt with leather seats. Just to make it easier to decide :lol:

Nothing's ever easy :lol:

At least I know that if I go for a GT and swap the seats I'll need new baseframes.

Nice seats BTW TT2Z ;)

I might be interested in them when I get my Z........